PDA

View Full Version : Any advice when you've reached the end of the road with the local GP?

carlos2011
27-04-12, 15:08
Hi,

Without going into too much detail as i've posted many times on here in the past. I've been having a constant lightheaded sensation for well over a year now, which has never gone away. I've seen countless doctors, had full blood count and various other blood tests (all clear). Had an MRI scan too. I'm going to the ENT next week but not getting my hopes up.

The only thing a neurologist picked up was I suffer from postural hypotension, so I get a massive headrush when standing. I've tried electrolyte drinks, no joy. My blood pressure is borderline pre high, so around 140/80 mark, but is always all over the place.

Also I have had a viterous detachment in my left eye (constant floaters), having an operation in June to fix that.

Doctors seem to have given up. Is there anything else I can do? They have tried sertraline, CBT therapy, none of it worked, and I'm seriously not anxious anymore.

All of it came on after stress, but the symptoms have never gone. Any ideas?

Thanks

Carl

carlos2011
27-04-12, 21:10
I guess not then!

swgrl09
27-04-12, 21:25
I'm not sure, maybe there are some homeopathic remedies for your symptoms? It seems like you've had the works with conventional medicine. With my back pain, conventional medicine barely did anything but acupuncture and herbal supplements worked wonders. Sometimes they can help as long as you have had all your tests done, which you obviously have.

carlos2011
30-04-12, 07:17
Only other thing I can think of is heart issue, but the GP has listened to my heart many times. I would like to see a cardiologist but I'm not getting my hopes up

LAURA48
30-04-12, 08:47
Hi Carlos - sorry you seem to be hitting your head against a brick wall - know the feeling!

Stating the obvious but what about changing doctors - sometimes not a bad thing? Just go along to the surgery you want to go to fill in some forms and that's it. You do not have to explain why or tell your current doctor and all past medical history will be sent through?

Sometimes know it is easier said than done but it may be what you need.

countrygirl
30-04-12, 11:02
Interesting as I have all of your problems. I am partially sighted due to congenital severe short sight plus cataracts and a vitreous detachement in my right eye has left me with almost no sight as its totally cloudy. Eventually they will operate on me but due to my already severe short sight I am at hgih risk of being blinded so not something they will do until I have almost no sight in either eye so I have nothing to lose. I also suffer bad vertigo and dizziness partly due to problems with my neck but also I have been told your eyesight is one of the things that controls your balance together with ears and joints/muscles. I also get low blood pressure if I stand up too quickly or bend over and then come back up but my blood pressure is not low when taken.

An brain mri would rule out almost everything to do with your brain or ears ( I have had quite a few of these) that was sinister.

Did you know that anxiety on its own can cause your neck muscles to tense which in turns affects the balance receptors in your neck and your ears get wonky signals and you get dizzy/balance problems.