PDA

View Full Version : Red face, is it linked to anxiety?

daveyboywales
05-07-06, 19:23
I was surprised to learn that the heart flutters I suffer from are linked to anxiety, so I was wondering if the follow is also. Since my anxiety started if I get slightly warm my face goes bright red like a tomatoe, I can actually feel it burning. Its not like blushing etc where you cheeks etc go red, my entire face goes as red as this guy here :( It is so enbarrasing and because im embarrased about it I think it makes it worse. Its actuallylike a severe dose of sunburn

Wenjoy
05-07-06, 19:35
Hiya - I get that too - especially if I am talking to someone and I start feeling anxious then when they pay attention to me and look at me I go crimson red - and then feel very panicky and want to get away from their scrutiny - weird!!
Wenjoy

daveyboywales
05-07-06, 19:40
Ah i'm not alone then[^] I remember on one occasion when I was out in a pub with a friend I felt my face starting to go as it was quite warm, my friend mentioned it which made it bloody worse, so I went to the toilets to cool down a bit, I met two drunk guys coming out of the toilet and I over herd them say " Look at that for sunburn"[V]

polly daydream
05-07-06, 21:38
I get that to and yes it can be embarrasing whilst talking to people.

Polly

W.I.F.T.S.
06-07-06, 13:36
I suspect it's to do with your blood pressure increasing when you get stressed, tense or anxious.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.