PDA

View Full Version : Pain in right side..always worried it's cancer

mags1501
27-04-12, 17:27
Hi guys
I'm new to this site and this is my first post. One night probably year and 1/2 ago I woke to severe pain in my right side under my ribs. I wen to the drs who said it was my health anxiety. I am on Citaloprom and have had CBT which only seemed to work for a time. I now get this discomfort on a regular basis and it is aways on my mind. I sometimes get a throbbing feeling after I have eaten too. I had an ultrasound and full blood test including liver and they have come back all fine. They did say I had some sludge in my gallbladder but nothing to worry about..(famous last words)

ANyway I stupidly keep goggling this even though I know I'm not meant to and I'm so worried I have some sort of cancer probably gall bladder:blush:
I have friends coming to dinner tonight and I just can't shake this horrid feeling that I'm ill. I have 2 small children who I worry about dying and leaving them.
I want to go back to the dr again but I'm sure he'll say the same, it's just my muscles where I'm so tense all the time. I feel I'm going mad and I hate this health anxiety so much.

Thanks for reading

Mooky2
27-04-12, 17:35
Hi

You have been checked out and I am sure you will be fine. They know what they are looking for and you have had an ultrasound. Your blood tests are fine too, so please stop worrying. I have Health Anxiety too, and it is awful. Please enjoy your night with your friends and have a lovely dinner. Hopefully it will distract you from these awful thoughts you are having. It could be muscles too. I do quite a lot of lifting and pulling etc and I am sure that these cause the various aches and pains I get. It is only normal to worry about your children, but you will be fine!

Have a lovely night

Mooky:)

miss sparkle
27-04-12, 22:16
hi, i have been the doctor just this week with a ache in my right side under rib.
I would say mine is almost like a constant stitch, not a pain as such but noticable and consistent.
He just said if it was gallbladder i would be in alot of pain and nauseous.
I was thinking liver cancer, but didn't want to tell him that! lol
Had it for just over month x

MrsNonSmoker
29-04-12, 23:01
Well, I've had pain in my left side, similar sort of thing, started as a pain like a stitch around 14 months ago. I've had endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, mammogram and various blood tests, but none of these would identify the sort of cancer I am worried about. Also GP/consultants can't agree on what is causing it - GP says its my imagination/indigestion, also suggested that some of my fat had moved (yes, she really did say that). One gastroenterologist said it was an ulcer and then next appointment said he wasn't sure, next consultant said it was arthritis. I also have two small children.

I don't know what the answer is but wanted to say you are not alone. Really hard to live with.

miss sparkle
29-04-12, 23:06
Ooo. . some of your fat has moved!?
Never heard of that one?
My gp doesn't say much, just looks at me with that look that says 'i really haven't got a clue what you are on about' most of the time! lol x