PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Jayelle
28-04-12, 07:36
Hi I'm a 42 year old female from New zealand. I've been suffering from anxiety for most of my life. I also have depression. The last few months have been really awful. I've been prescribed Sertraline. I started of on 25mg daily for the first week, then 50mg for the second week. I'm now on 100mg. I'm finding some of the side effects really bad. I feel like i have no emotion and feel quite depressed. Has anybody else had any problem with Sertraline? I have also lost alot of weight. I want to continue with thd ad but am wondering how long the side effects will last. I still have anxiety but its not as bad. Any advice will be welcome. Thank-you.

diane07
28-04-12, 07:38
Hi Jayelle

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Jayelle
28-04-12, 07:41
Thank-you. Its a very lonely place to be with anxiety. Lots of people just don't understand whats its like.

Pipkin
28-04-12, 10:37
Hi Jayelle and :welcome:

Lots of people on here are on sertraline and will be able to help you with your question - try joining in on some active threads.

I know anxiety can be very lonely but this site helps you to realise you're far from alone and that there are people who really understand.

Take care

Pip xx

Jayelle
29-04-12, 22:49
Can anyone give me help on sertraline? On my 3rd week of taking it. I'm now up to 100mg and this is the 3rd day. This morning wasn't good with anxious thoughts etc. I had to take clonazapam to calm me down. It was really scarey. Has anybody else had this problem? I thought I would be getting better. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

kittikat
29-04-12, 23:21
Hi Jayelle & :welcome:
There is a forum especially for medication and you should find lots of helpful threads and posts about sertraline there. good luck.

Kitti :)