PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from Sinus Surgery

AnnOBrien
28-04-12, 11:07
Hi All, I had full endoscopic sinus surgery on Wednesday which I hope will get my chronic sinusitis under control, though I still have to find out the root cause of the inflammation (maybe I have a food allergy or something).

Anyways, after I came out of hospital I thought that the hospital should really have some sort of facility that you can anonymously get in touch with other patients who have had the same surgery to help each other by sharing experiences. There must be some way to facilitate this.

Failing this I'm on here to see if anybody else has undergone this procedure? I suffer from health anxiety and am trying my best to stay calm during the recovery but its very hard :-(

emeraldgirl
28-04-12, 20:38
I haven't had that surgery so can't help there. Are you worrying about the underlying cause? I'm sure they would have seen anything untoward while carrying out the surgery. I do wish you a speedy recovery and that the op cures the condition. Take care

AnnOBrien
29-04-12, 13:25
Yeah I do really need to find out the underlying cause, like some sort of allergy or something, so that it doesn't come back as bad! I'm also just sitting here worried about the recovery and how strange and sore my face feels, I feel like its taking too long to feel better but I guess I have to be patient. I'm constantly analysing myself for infection as the surgeon didn't give me an antibio after surgery, which I thought was standard, just told me to call my doc if I get an infection! Not good for those with HA! I'm just trying to be positive and patient as I said...... uh, not a great place to be but here is hoping that the surgery will help me in the long term.