PDA

View Full Version : Lets share what we have had so far....

cas2ce
28-04-12, 11:43
Hi everyone, I wanted to get all my symptoms of my chest, to see if it makes any difference to me mentally LOL. Please feel free to share your own Illness phobias.
I am 25, I was diagnosed with agoraphobia, Panic disorder, GAD, and depression at aged 18. (I refuse to believe that I am depressed)
I never had any medical tests done between then and now, so it could really have been anything.
I didn't use medication for my issues, I decided on CBT and lifestyle changes.
The CBT helped tremendously.
My panic attacks were generally situational, shopping centres, crowded places etc...NEVER at home.

So about 3 weeks ago, my dad came to visit me for a week and the night he got here I had a major panic attack which I thought was some type of diabetic attack as it happened right after dinner.

By 4 30 am I was in the ER with horrible leg tremors that I couldn't control.
THey sent me home at 9 with a diagnosis of anxiety attack with a question mark! (a question mark in my mind means they don't know).

By 11 am I begged my roommate to take me back as I was still shaking and adrenaline was just dumping on me, I was weak, couldn't sleep and couldn't eat.
By 7pm they sent me home with some blood test results saying to go to my GP I am having a panic attack.

My thyroid test looked abnormal, but they never said anything to me.
My GP ordered lots of bloodwork, and nothing abnormal came back, but I am still convinced something is wrong because the physical symptoms are like nothing I ever experienced with panic attacks.

- Tremors
- Insomnia
- Weird appetite (not hungry one minute, then extremely life threatening hunger the next)
- Tiredness
- Gassy
- Skipped heart beats, and now a new type of palpitation after I eat, its like my heart clicks for a few seconds
- Acid reflux

My point is, I am absolutely convinced something else is wrong and no one is digging deep enough, I want to know why my thyroid tests are conflicting, i want to know what else I can do.

I did start CBT again this week, and have been feeling better the last few days minus the appetite thing.

My thoughts overall? Hyperthyroidism? Stomach ulcer? Cancer?

Anyone else relate? So sorry for the long post! and thanks for reading:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Also, I'll just say I have NEVER been to the ER for a panic attack, and until 3 weeks ago hadn't had any anxiety or panic in over 2 years