PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes or anxiety?!

chloevictoria
28-04-12, 11:46
I never really do any exercise because I'm scared that I'll suddenly develop some form of asthma and I'm obsessed with my breathing 90% of the time. On Thursday, however, I did play badminton for an hour and I was fine. But then on Friday afternoon I started getting strange 'stabby achy' feelings in the tips of my fingers, feet, toes, hands, arms and knees. I had also pulled a muscle in my leg. I didn't feel tired or anything but my limbs just felt really weird, and the discomfort was almost throbbing but it felt like it was moving with my heartbeat (like you do with the flu but less severe). Also, they feel better with physical activity.

I woke up this morning and it seemed fine, but now I think I have type 2 diabetes because I googled RLS (restless legs syndrome) and it was one of the symptoms. :( I eat quite a lot of sugary foods as well so I'm in the process of convincing myself I've got some underlying health condition.

I've been really anxious recently too and it seems like every little thought is getting to me.

Does anyone have any advice??

swgrl09
28-04-12, 12:56
I think with diabetes you would have more than just restless legs. I get RLS symptoms a lot, as do a lot of people I know and none of us are diabetic. You are ok :) I think you muscles were just spasming after not being used for a while.

chloevictoria
29-04-12, 17:19
Thank you very much for replying, this has reassured me a lot :)