PDA

View Full Version : Please help, chemical worry!!

Misslouread
28-04-12, 16:32
Hello, I have had terrible health anxiety for about five years, I'm 24 and I'm terrified because my boyfriend washed his hands in White spirit the other day. He said he washed his hands afterwards, but scared he didn't. That evening he came home and did a breast check on me! I'm now terrified that White spirit has got onto my skin and through into my breast?? Is thus my health anxiety talking or should I be scared?

Please help!!

Thank you x

nomorepanic
28-04-12, 17:26
I wash my hands in white spirit too.

You will be fine - it cannot get into your body like that.

Misslouread
28-04-12, 17:30
I've just read that the skin absorbs so I'm worried about it getting into the breast area and causing cancer, thankyou for your message x

nomorepanic
28-04-12, 17:34
I have never heard of that to be honest. People wash their hands in white spirit all the time so I doubt it can cause any harm.

AnnieMags
28-04-12, 22:24
Rest assured you are absolutely fine! Even if he didn't wash his hands, the White Spirit would have evaporated within minutes. Even assuming there was some left on his hands when he did your breastcheck (althugh more than likely there was not), there is NO WAY the skin would have absorbed it. There are several layers to skin and it is very good at keeping substances out. If for example you put body lotion on your breasts, even if you feel that it has been absorbed, it would never ever be to the extent of reaching the breast tissue, only the very top layers of the skin. Please don't worry about this - there is no harm done, I am sure of it. Best wishes from Annie :hugs:

Misslouread
29-04-12, 01:32
Thank you both so much for your posts, you have really helped set my mind at rest,

Have lovely weekends, and thankyou again! Xx

nomorepanic
29-04-12, 01:49
You are more than welcome