PDA

View Full Version : new to depression

monsey
05-07-06, 21:20
Hello everyone. I thought i'd better introduce myself properly. I have recently been put on citroplan and have gone through three stages since. at first i was very restless, then numb and now i feel down again, each sympton coinciding with an increase in my dose. i am now on 40mg and not sure if i should continue. a freind of mine said to me that t is like putting a sticking plaster on, it covers it up but does not deal with the problem. I am waiting for a referal to a counciler but this may take some time.
I have a 7 year old little girl with adhd, a partner with a drug problem and a 30 hour a week job.
I have always been a strong willed and minded person and find it very hard to cope with the fact that i have foud myself in this possition.
My two best friends have similar problems and find i have no one i can really just relax with.
I could go on all night but i'm sure your already bored.

Thank you for listening.

chica
05-07-06, 21:46
Hi Monsey,

I too am new to depression - mine's the post natal kind.
I wasn't convinced I had , but after about 6months of my partner and friends telling me to go to the doctor, I finally went. That was four weeks ago. She prescribed me Citalopram 20mg, I've had one very good day since being on them where I actually felt myself however, since then they appear to be just taking the edge off, which is good I suppose, but I'm still feeling like P**.

I've had three weeks off work and started back on Monday so maybe I'm a bit anxious as well.

I know what your friend means about the 'plaster' scenario, I sometimes feel like I'm telling everyone I'm fine - but what they don't know is it's only for that minute.

Take care
Chica

chica
05-07-06, 21:48
Hi Monsey,

I too am new to depression - mine's the post natal kind.
I wasn't convinced I had , but after about 6months of my partner and friends telling me to go to the doctor, I finally went. That was four weeks ago. She prescribed me Citalopram 20mg, I've had one very good day since being on them where I actually felt myself however, since then they appear to be just taking the edge off, which is good I suppose, but I'm still feeling like P**.

I've had three weeks off work and started back on Monday so maybe I'm a bit anxious as well.

I know what your friend means about the 'plaster' scenario, I sometimes feel like I'm telling everyone I'm fine - but what they don't know is it's only for that minute.

Take care
Chica