PDA

View Full Version : Very sore throat, cold symptoms and achy

countrygirl
28-04-12, 21:53
Assume its some evil virus - went from perfectly okay to razor blades in throat, coughing choking, feeling as if throat is swelling, then throbbing sinuses and runny nose and achy limbs, heavy headed generally yuk in the space of two hours! I hate fast and furious viruses as they usually mean something orrible!

I have been hearing in my area about people with flu symptoms, tonsillitis and met a friend three days ago who had hardly any voice but only spoke to her for 10 minutes.

Is something like this going around in other parts of the country, I am from Cumbrai.

AnnieMags
28-04-12, 22:12
I could have written your post, countrygirl, I have exactly the same thing! It's dragging on a bit, as I started to feel ill on Monday night (went from fine to rubbish in about half an hour, first with 'razorblade throat', like you), and I am still nowhere near recovered. The sore throat has let up a bit, but I have no voice, and still a stuffy headachy headcold with a cough (which I never get!!) and a runny nose. Oh, and I cannot smell or taste anything, just for good measure. Feeling rather sorry for myself, as I am sure you do, but although I do suffer from HA, on this occasion I am sure that we have nothing to worry about. It's only a cold virus doing the rounds, and it has hit us a bit harder than we are used to. Keep warm, plenty of fluids and rest as much as possible. In a few days we'll be fine, I promise you. Best wishes from Annie :hugs:

Mick081081
28-04-12, 22:22
Hiya,

I've got the damn thing aswell- boo! Went to bed Thursday and woke up Friday with a terrible sore throat and coughing up bright green phlegm- yuk! Today I've got a blocked nose and my lymph glands are up in my neck. I know a few people who've had it and it lasted over a week. I was at the GP's Friday morning and asked him about it while there, he looked in my throat and said oh yes it's really swollen and looks like a infection lots of people have got it at the moment and said let it go away naturally as he's not big on handing out antibiotics. Try not to worry about it sure we'll all be fine even though it is a slight pain in the backside.

Take care,

Mick.

Kelseywelseyyy
29-04-12, 00:53
I'm the same, I ended up freaking out and phoning NHS direct because I read that a sinus infection can lead to a lot worse (not going to specify and worry you more) but its just a common sinus infection. The majority will go away eventually but go and sew your doctor and they may prescribe anti biotics. I had really bad earache to the point of tears, but im feeling better by the day.

So try not to worry, thousands get them each year, but id say go and see your doctor to put your mind at rest.

Get well soon x

countrygirl
29-04-12, 11:11
Thanks everyone - seems as if this is doing the rounds! I spent a sleepless night with the razorblade throat and choking coughing or shoudl I say had some sleep but the throat kept waking me up all night long. I cannot talk because that just makes me choke and cough!!!!!! :wacko::wacko: Husband is smirking as I am such a chatterbox usually and its agony for me to keep my mouth shut. This is why I hate these viruses as I have to stop talking:D:mad:.

I have a bad habit of developing tracheitis from sore throats which means I cough for england and feel as if I can't breathe so I am keeping everything crossed that this time its different:shrug:.

Gallons of hot tea for me today.

countrygirl
29-04-12, 22:15
I have to say this is a stinking rotten virus:wacko: and I feel dreadful.