PDA

View Full Version : Who else gets Dizziness?

skipadee
28-04-12, 22:54
Who else here has dizziness which is caused by anxiety/stress/depression? long story short i started getting extreme dizziness when my anxiety was really bad about 3 years ago and its still with me now,it can also lead to vertigo lasting 12 hours,and its the main thing from stoping me sorting out this anxiety,im worried il get a dizzy spell out and about etc.If you have dizziness? could you explain how it feels? did you find a way to stop it? maybe by medication,exercise,certain techniques etc? Id love to here others storys on this symptom and how they cope with it? or how they managed to stop it? any info will help thanks peeps :shades:

turnthelighton
30-04-12, 08:52
Hi, I get the off balance feeling. Almost like being on a boat...it scares me but I try to push past it.

honeyb
30-04-12, 11:14
I get unsteadness and sometimes feel like i'm stood on a boat.

kinnygirl1
30-04-12, 12:59
constantly at the moment - feels like I have moved my head too fast and off balance- its scary but I try to ignore though finding it hard today. :scared15::weep:

Jamesk
30-04-12, 13:36
I get huge dizziness with other strange feelings in my head - normally eases when I can make myself do something to distract myself. It often feels like I am going to pass out although I do not have the breathing probems common to anxiety.

skipadee
30-04-12, 17:05
no ones found a way to mask it yet ? :(

JB63
30-04-12, 21:00
Hi Skipadee

I have been a sufferer of extreme dizziness for most of my life and it is very debilitating. Over the years I have had all kinds of tests and scans only to come up with the same diagnosis. Anxiety induced dizziness/vertigo. I can not give you an answer on how to make it stop, it is something I struggle with on daily basis. Some days are worse than others but I have had to learn to live with it. I take anti sickness medication 3 times a day for it but it doesn't stop my world from spinning. On a good day I am able to get out and about but always feel like I am walking on a boat in stormy water. I have regular falls and have to be steady when walking as I stumble and walk into things. On bad days I can not sit up and have to remain still even then I still spin out. It can last from minutes to days and has even gone on for months at a time. I am still learning to come to terms with it and try to think what might have triggered it when it is at its worst. I have found that tiredness, stress and high anxiety are all triggers. I am sorry I can not really offer you any advice on how to stop it but sometimes just knowing that someone else is suffering with the same symptoms can bring a bit of relief. It can become a vicious cycle, dizziness leads to anxiety which in turn leads to dizziness. It limits what I can do but I try every day to overcome it and as scary as it is I face it head on , I make myself go out and say to myself if I fall down someone will pick me up. Some days it just gets the better of me. I don't know if any of this is of any help to you.

I wish you well.

skipadee
01-05-12, 01:01
Hi Skipadee

I have been a sufferer of extreme dizziness for most of my life and it is very debilitating. Over the years I have had all kinds of tests and scans only to come up with the same diagnosis. Anxiety induced dizziness/vertigo. I can not give you an answer on how to make it stop, it is something I struggle with on daily basis. Some days are worse than others but I have had to learn to live with it. I take anti sickness medication 3 times a day for it but it doesn't stop my world from spinning. On a good day I am able to get out and about but always feel like I am walking on a boat in stormy water. I have regular falls and have to be steady when walking as I stumble and walk into things. On bad days I can not sit up and have to remain still even then I still spin out. It can last from minutes to days and has even gone on for months at a time. I am still learning to come to terms with it and try to think what might have triggered it when it is at its worst. I have found that tiredness, stress and high anxiety are all triggers. I am sorry I can not really offer you any advice on how to stop it but sometimes just knowing that someone else is suffering with the same symptoms can bring a bit of relief. It can become a vicious cycle, dizziness leads to anxiety which in turn leads to dizziness. It limits what I can do but I try every day to overcome it and as scary as it is I face it head on , I make myself go out and say to myself if I fall down someone will pick me up. Some days it just gets the better of me. I don't know if any of this is of any help to you.

I wish you well.
yeh that kinda does in a way but also makes me sad as i know how it feels and it sucks!

Anxiousmess
02-05-12, 17:55
Do any of u suffer with strange vision, blury wierd out of it?? :(

AngelHeart
03-05-12, 14:21
I suffer from the off balance feeling , fuzzy head, blurry vision and feeling like I'm not living in this world if that makes sense. I'm under investigation for a inner ear balance problem at the moment BUT I do notice everything gets worse the more stressed out and anxious I get and yes its like a vicious circle, you get off balance , you get anxious which in turn sends you off balance . No real advice sorry but you not alone, its really common in anxious people. I do go about my normal day , work, gym , shopping, kids e.t.c as I wont let it beat me but I do know for some it can be quite bad. This is one of the most awful symptoms of anxiety I think :hugs:

Dizzydoll
05-05-12, 19:20
i to get dizzyness blurred vision and strange head sensations which are my worst symptoms and can be quite distressing i also would like to know ways to deal with it ....:(

sunday
11-05-12, 19:26
i feel the same, most days, all day -off balance, not really here, walking on a boat or the 'just stepped out of a lift' feeling, lightheaded and as if i could faint at any moment, even though i never have -all horrible. Sometimes i even feel like objects around me are not real and things are bigger then they are?! its all very strange and scary :weep:

grotbags
12-05-12, 19:26
Yes! I have the dizziness! I've had anxiety for about 12 years and this has never been an issue, but then last year I got a bout of vertigo with a virus, toppled over in a shop, in public, mistook it for anxiety and I haven't been out alone since :(

My panic attacks USED to be the whole depersonalization/feelings of going crazy and not knowing where I was kind of thing. For me, they were terribly disturbing. Now, my panic attacks are dizziness and a fear of falling over. These are not as disturbing for me, but they are very debilitating as I have good reason (well, kind of) to not go out alone in case I fall again! Or I have good reason to get panicky if I'm alone with no-one to clutch on to. I have visions of toppling over again, but this time at the back of a supermarket and unable to get out without going past the tills. I'm frightened of stumbling around in public like I'm drunk. I feel your pain on this.