PDA

View Full Version : Blood sugar?

cas2ce
29-04-12, 10:27
Hi all, hope your going well.

Everytime I get a "relapse" I seem to experience blood sugar issues, I have been tested for diabetes and hypoglycaemia and they say I'm fine.

Sometimes I will have eaten not long ago and I get STARVING out of nowhere, as if I hadn't eaten for 3 days, I get weak and racey and have to eat really quick.

Tonight I had some chocolate and I got SO much anxiety for about 2 hrs after shaking, restless etc. It has just calmed down now>

Does anyone else get this or is something wrong?

Mick081081
29-04-12, 10:45
Hiya,

Anxiety can do all sorts of weird things to your body when I was bad with it I felt either really hungry all the time or not hungry at all so found it very strange. Try to keep away from chocolate as its full of caffeine which I no longer have as found it makes me worse that goes for coffee aswell which is crappy as I love the stuff. Hope you feel better soon.

Mick.

cas2ce
29-04-12, 10:47
Thanks Mick, think Im gonna fly my mum in to cook :) LOL that will keep the blood sugar up!

Mick081081
29-04-12, 10:54
Ha ha sounds like a plan I could do with some of my mums cooking now as got a damn throat infection so feeling sorry for myself- boo! Honestly try not to worry too much as thinking about it makes it happen it took me a while to grasp that but now I just think whatever and ignore it and it soon clears off! Try avoiding caffeine for a bit aswell and see how you get on its crappy not having chocolate or coffee but worth giving it a go.

Take care,

Mick.

countrygirl
29-04-12, 11:04
have exact same problems and again like you have been tested many times plus I have a diatetic husband so can test myself!

I find that I need a certain amount of sweet stuff in my diet and or fat, if i try to be "good" and cut out sugar and fat then my blood sugar drops like a stone all the time and I end up putting on weight because I am having to eat so much which rather defeats the object. I find that eating smaller amounts of normal food including fat and sugar keeps my blood sugar better. I also find that at times of very high anxiety I am not hungry but once that passes I am hungry all the time so it just shows how mood has such an effect on our hunger.

Eating something like chocolate or pure sugary food without any protein will cause a huge sugar rush and then your body naturally releases large aound of insulin to couteract the sugar rush and that makes your blood sugar fall too quickly and you feel the effects as you did plus the caffeine in chocolate as has been said can in itself cause the same symptoms as low blood sugar.

cas2ce
29-04-12, 11:56
Mick, mums cooking fixes all! sounds like you need a big pot of soup!
Countrygirl, I recall back in 2008 when my anxiety was at an all time high, I thought I was hypoglycaemic, so I bought a test kit, but it was always fine! drives me insane, It only ever happens when I have anxiety though its so strange!
I admit 3 weeks ago I pretty much lost my appetite, and its only been the last 5 days its been back to normal, so Im thinking maybe my body is just getting used to eating decent sized meals again as I have also been quite bloated and gassy :blush:
But my diabetes blood test was just 2 weeks ago so Im not too worried about it, just driving me crazy randomly diving at the fridge!

zippy
29-04-12, 12:14
Yes i get this everytime i relapse and convinced myself i had diabetes and had bloods tests and all were ok and even bought a blood sugar monitor. I get all shaky and weak and i feel like i need sweet things and fast and i feel weak for a while afterwards as well.

cas2ce
29-04-12, 12:33
Interesting, Glad im not the only one! I wonder why it happens?

xvolatileheart
29-04-12, 18:56
When I get these episodes, I always wonder if it's to do with my blood sugar or blood pressure or if it's just anxiety? I'm thinking about getting a blood glucose meter and a blood pressure machine. I know it's crazy, but I need to know whether these episodes are just anxiety or something more!