PDA

View Full Version : Anxious and Depressed

Karryn
29-04-12, 14:11
Hi. I hope someone can help me. I feel so depressed all the time and I cry constantly. I can be just sitting watching tv, washing up or even shopping and I'll be crying... I was physically abused as a child and I have an extreme fear of doctors.. I have tried to contact the doctor's surgery but I think that I had an anxiety attack or panic attack.. My chest was very tight, as if there was a great heavy pressure there, and my throat was very tight as well. I was like it for a few days and it was very frightening.. My hands are still shaking a bit now and my throat still feels like there is a lump in it. I'm finding it so hard not to cry all the time.. No-one knows how I feel about this and I feel so alone.. can anyone help me? :weep:

theharvestmouse
29-04-12, 16:20
You really need to see a doctor, they will be able to help you. It sounds like you've suffered from panic attacks and depression, don't fight it alone. There are people out there who can help you through this.:hugs:

joy
29-04-12, 16:25
Why dont you ring NHS direct on 08464748 they will be able to talk you thro your options. I've always found them very good and kind

Joy

Karryn
29-04-12, 16:57
Because I have an extreme fear of doctors I cant ring to speak to anyone and I cant see anyone. I'm really stuck, just thinking about seeing a doctor makes me start shaking. And no-one knows I'm like this, so I'm all alone with it

joy
29-04-12, 18:01
NHS Direct arent doctors just nurses and are very kind

Joy

Karryn
29-04-12, 22:38
I cant talk to anyone. Ive got so bad I've got to the point where I cant bring myself to even talk to someone on the phone.. Im really bad. I feel so low. I dont even know if Im in the right place to post this

paulst
30-04-12, 09:26
Hi Karryn, could you get a friend to book an appointment for you and then go to the doctors with you.

Karryn
30-04-12, 10:53
Hi Karryn, could you get a friend to book an appointment for you and then go to the doctors with you.
Hi Paul. Im on my own. No one knows how i feel. I've never let many people in to life because Ive always been frightened of being hurt. Ive got so bad with this I dont even want to speak to someone on the phone. Im scared I'll break down. I was never allowed to show any emotion when I was a child, so its so hard now

Karryn
30-04-12, 15:28
Ive been having the worst time ever with this. Everything I seem to be experiencing comes under panic attacks and, from what ive read today, flashbacks. It's very scary,

Annip
01-05-12, 17:12
Hi Karryn. So sorry to hear you are feeling so bad but you must try and get help. Tell someone..a family member or a friend? Its nothing to be ashamed of and try not to be scared. If you really can't get to the docs try reading stuff on line and especially on this forum. You are not alone and it happens to lots of people and there is medication that can help you or if you go on the mind website there are places in different areas that you can visit. You could phone no panic and even if you break down they are trained to handle this. Best wishes to you annip

Karryn
01-05-12, 22:03
Hi, im pretty stressed at the moment because ive hardly slept, . I dont have any family. I so terrified of this because my dad drummed it into my headd that I would be put into a mental hospital. I was only little when he started telling me everything about them. he used to tell me horror stories about things they did to people in them,. he used to take me to see one of the hospitals and show me patients walking in the grounds. it wasnt a good place. I saw things a child shouldnt have to see. He promised i would end up there and i believed him. He used to say they would lock me up.,, He said all this for years as i was growing up and its become so deep rooted in me that im terrified of anything medical. If i could maybe find somewhere that i can do just online like this id be better, id feel safer. I feel so alone with this :weep: Im afraid to break down, i wasnt allowed to show any emotion as i grew up. Id be hit or punched if i did, i was told it ws weakto show emotion