PDA

View Full Version : dilated pupils from venlaxafine

ben6789
29-04-12, 16:25
just wondering if this will go after a few weeks i have been on effexor for 2 weeks now and my pupils are staying massive . any help plz?

Pipkin
29-04-12, 16:34
Hi Ben,

I also suffered from this at first and it disappeared after about a month. It appears to be quite common.

Pip

nicola1980
29-04-12, 16:46
I also sufered this and it freaked me out but apparantly its quite common when u first start x x

ben6789
29-04-12, 16:54
thankyou hopefully it goes given time. by the way what do you think of effexor overall, how long does it take to work ? and is it reaaly good with anxiety? thankyou 4 your replies

Scratchappy
02-05-12, 15:46
I've just started on Venlafaxine today, 75MG and my pupils are extremely dilated. MASSIVE. They feel a bit like this :scared15:
This is not good as I have to look at screens all day for work. I hope it does calm down otherwise my eyes are going to get very sore indeed and I'll need replacement eyeballs.

I also can not stop yawning. The most intense yawning I've ever experienced. Legs are a bit wobbly too. Here's hoping my body adjusts and it's just initial side effects. Might split my dose in 2, just to ease the medication in.

On the positive side, I have experienced what seem to be some lovely electrical currents whirring around my brain :) Mood seems to be elevated but really didn't think it would act this quickly...

Pipkin
02-05-12, 20:22
Hi there,

thankyou hopefully it goes given time. by the way what do you think of effexor overall, how long does it take to work ? and is it reaaly good with anxiety? thankyou 4 your replies

The dilated pupils will definitely get better - try not to worry about it. Venlafaxine can work very well for anxiety. I've been on it a couple of times and it works wonders for me. It can take quite a while to kick in fully - for me, this was about 2 months though I saw a gradual improvement after a couple of weeks.

I've just started on Venlafaxine today, 75MG and my pupils are extremely dilated. MASSIVE. They feel a bit like this :scared15:
This is not good as I have to look at screens all day for work. I hope it does calm down otherwise my eyes are going to get very sore indeed and I'll need replacement eyeballs.

I also can not stop yawning. The most intense yawning I've ever experienced. Legs are a bit wobbly too. Here's hoping my body adjusts and it's just initial side effects. Might split my dose in 2, just to ease the medication in.

On the positive side, I have experienced what seem to be some lovely electrical currents whirring around my brain :) Mood seems to be elevated but really didn't think it would act this quickly...

As I've written above, it can take quite a while to kick in and what you're experiencing is the initial side effects, though you may well get some mood lifting straight away. The dilated pupils, yawning and jelly legs are all normal, as are nausea, increased anxiety and trouble sleeping. These all generally calm down after a couple of weeks.

Ben and Scratchy - There are a couple of active threads on this within the venlafaxine forum - check them out and feel free to join us - you'll get some great support.

Take care

Pip x

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Btw - this is the thread where a few of us chat and support each other with our ven issues:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=110037

Scratchappy
02-05-12, 20:40
Thanks for the response and reassurances Pip :)

Is very much appreciated. Yeah, just got to stick it out for a while and hope I can ride out the initial adjustment. Only time will tell how I respond to it and it's early days....got to be patient.

Thanks for the link. Looks like I'll probably be joining in the thread soon I should imagine.

Scratch

Catya
02-05-12, 21:34
Yes, welcome you two xx

Scratchappy
03-05-12, 20:16
Thanks Catya :)

Going to jump into the other thread now.....