PDA

View Full Version : Twitching eyes and seeing dots

sadie
16-05-04, 20:51
Hi all,

I have been experiencing quite a lot from twitching eyes recently which obviously its not painful or scary but annoying. Can anyone tell me what causes this to happen?

Also, I have also noticed that I see dots every once in awhile and I was wondering, does this mean I have high blood pressure or is it caused by a drop in blood pressure? I have had my blood pressure checked a few months ago which was fine but I was just wondering what these dots mean. Can anyone help with an explanation?[?]

sadie

HB
16-05-04, 22:33
I get exactly what you are describing, I get eye twitching every now and then for about a week before it subsides.
Not long ago this eye twitching gave me infected eyes because, according to my optition, i was flicking dirt from my eye lashes in, also very painful when i do it a lot!!!

With regards to the dots in your vision, if it is the same as what i have then it is just a symptom of short- sightedness so nothing to worry about, however, if your eye sight is good then i havent a clue!!!

Any tips on how to get rid of the eye twitching anyone?? sooo annoying!!!

Sorry i couldnt be more help sadie :-)##
With love, h x

H

sarah
16-05-04, 23:20
Hiya

you can get spots on front of your eyes...sort of like sparkly lights if your blood pressure changes..I get it sometimes if I stand up too quickly or look up suddenly. is this what you mean Sadie?

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Jules31
17-05-04, 10:47
Sadie

I have been having a twitching eyelid for the last week and a half and it's driving me nuts. I went to the dr with it a couple of years ago when it first started and he said it was just anxiety. Of course now I worry as I'm getting twithing all over my body, about six or eight places a day, grrrrrr

I've had the dots if I've stood up too quickly too

Jules

sadie
17-05-04, 19:59
Sarah,

I think its when I have been watching the tv or something and I move my eyes adn I can see dots. There not hear all the time so maybe its just to dowith the different light etc...

Jules, I know what you mean about a twitching body. I sometimes get twitching legs and arms too and its more annoying than anything else.

Thanks for the replies...I was just wondering if anyone else expereinces the constant eye twitching etc!!

sadie

benoo5
17-05-04, 21:57
most twitches are caused by some form of stress/tension,as against shakes,which are usually muscular,and require a blood test to detect the problem..in the first instance,i would suggest a good eye wash,just in case your bringing dust into the eye.

as for the dots/spots..a visit to your local optician,explain the problem,and by using lasers,the optician can not only check for any eye problems,but the laser will also tell if their is a problem with blood pressure...best wishes....bryan.

april tones
18-05-04, 14:54
you can get them spots in the sun, 'sun spots'. And bright lights, i had them when pregnant as i was more aware of any thing new, x

apriltones