PDA

View Full Version : hello - Depression advice please

vlj83
29-04-12, 21:10
Hi, Im new to using forums so pls forgive me if i don't have the correct forum etiquette.

Im hoping to get a little advice as i'm at the end of my teather. Im 29 and am 90% sure im depressed. I feel like I have had a full melt down this morning. Over the last few months I keep having very severe mood changes and have become more and more aggressive inc towards my partner - I hate it. Arguments (even over little things) have turned into me smashing things and i hit myself as i feel so fustrated, down and pesamistic about everything in my life - even though deep down I know I have nothing to be down about.

I haven't been diagnosed but need some advice as to how i do this? I have tried going to the docs and telling them I feel down all the time and that I can't cope with it any longer but as my Gran has hypothyroidism, they just sent me for a blood test - which came back 'satisfactory' now i don't know how to approach them and be taken seriously.

I just don't know where to start, all I know is that I can't go on like this its affecting everything in my life including work as I can't concentrate.

Any advice at all would be very gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

diane07
29-04-12, 21:12
Hi vlj83

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pipkin
29-04-12, 22:38
Hi there and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx