PDA

View Full Version : New on here. Hi all.

Mandabee
30-04-12, 10:01
Hello,
I have just joined, been diagnosed with acute depression since I was 16 years old (and I am now 40).
Been on just about every type of medication on and off over the lat 24 years.
Just come off Sertraline "cold turkey" about two weeks ago as I felt it had little affect considering the 3yrs I have been on it.
Having a very hard time but determined (for the moment anyway) to try other non medicated things to try to deal with the depression.
It has taken me 24 years to realise I cannot cure this, it is something I have to come to terms with and learn to live with, it is not going away but perhaps I can reduce its effects.
Anyway, look forward to discussing things with you all
Mand x :emot-wave:

nomorepanic
30-04-12, 10:04
Hi Mandabee

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pinkcasi
30-04-12, 11:36
:welcome:Hi Mand and welcome, i've not been here long myself but so far everone is lovely and helpful, i too have had Depression for many years though now as long as you i must say, and it's difficult to accept it as just part of who you are, but I do, it's just me, no longer can i say im just an angsty teenager, who likes to sit in a darkened room or stay in bed for days's now im an adult who likes to sit in a darkened room and stay in bed for days. Now im just learning how to cope with it in a better way, if you have any tips let me know :yesyes:

Pipkin
30-04-12, 13:16
Hi Mand and a big, warm :welcome: to NMP!

Enjoy your time on here - I know you'll get great support and make lots of new friends.

Take care

Pip xx

Mandabee
30-04-12, 18:13
Hi,
I know how you feel and if I come up with any winning solutions I will definately share.. been only a couple of weeks off the meds so just trying to stay sane :ohmy:
M x