PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a Juicer? can you recomend?

Mandabee
30-04-12, 11:23
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a Juicer to up my Vitamin and Mineral intake in the hope it will assist my mood.
Anyone else done this? do you think it helped? and which model did you buy? I am a bit confused as to which is best for fruit veg pulp free juice.thanks

MrRedShirt
30-04-12, 11:39
Hi, I used to have a juicer. It was very expensive in terms of fruit and veg!

And I'm not sure that the drinks they provide have been proved to be any healthier than eating fruit and veg separately, but they are tasty. When you see the amount of pulp that gets left in the juicer you'll realise how much goodness must still be left in that, and not in the drink.

My favourite was one banana, one apple, one carrot and two oranges. Lovely.

annette1
30-04-12, 17:40
Hi Mandabee

I bought a juicer for the very same reason but as Mr R I found it an expensive way to make juice. Also the machine is horrible to keep clean!!

After a while I purchased a smoothie maker & found it much better. You can still put whole fruit in, you just have to strain it or make sure its whizzed up enough to make it drinkable.
I have several favourites:
Carrot & apple
mango & pineapple
banana, apple & lime

the list is endless as it depends what fruit are available. I also add a small piece of fresh ginger & 1/2 a lime, they just give the drink an extra kick.

A friend also recommended a veg smoothie which is a real wake up one for the mornings,
small hand full of watercress & spinach
squeeze lime
ginger
pineapple or apple juice to cover

Hope that's a help

PanchoGoz
30-04-12, 17:58
get a liquidiser they are cheaper and you can do more with them :)

Mandabee
30-04-12, 18:11
Great thanks guys, smoothie maker it is!

mk4402
05-05-12, 23:01
Juicers make stuff too acidy for me, as everyone else has said smothie maker/blender are much better