PDA

View Full Version : please I need some help.

flatterycat
30-04-12, 13:19
I posted over the weekend about my lung cancer fears. I have been getting blood from my throat for week now. It comes and goes and is a small amount. This morning my doctor sent me for a chest xray. After the xray the guy doing it told me it all looked normal, and even showed me my xray. On computer. (I think he did it because I was a mess) - I asked him if he reads the xray and he said no, but he had been doing his job for 36 years!!!
I then rang my doc and she said he must have been very confident to tell me!
I am still very very frightened though. Can I take what he said as a good result until I get actual results? I am still getting blood, but not sure if its throat or lungs as I am not coughing. I just want to believe that the man knows what he is talking about.
Can anyone advise?
Sarah x

zippy
30-04-12, 13:25
I don't think he would have said it looked fine if he wasn't certain otherwise he could get into trouble. I know it's hard but try and relax until you get your results because i am certain they are ok.

honeyb
30-04-12, 13:35
I'm sure it's fine, he does xrays day in and day out, he knows what looks sinister and what doesn't. He wouldn't have said all looks fine if there was any doubt.

miss sparkle
30-04-12, 14:29
Just wanted to say what zippy and honey said really, that's a brilliant results i think, like your doctor said, must of been very confident to say that, so try and relax x

julynn
30-04-12, 19:49
hi yes im sure they fine hun i had chest xray done earlier this year and the lady that took it said if she sees anything she will send me straight round to a/e and wen she done she said looks all clear.. i think like the person that did your xray have a bit of training in what to look for.