PDA

View Full Version : head pains, ear ache, twitching..

scottinhull
30-04-12, 14:36
Hi guys, thanks for reading.

For the past year or so I've been getting head pains, little pains around various parts of my head, I've always suffered from aches and pains through out my body so I don't know if its related, anyway, these past few months I've also been getting ear pain and muscle twitching all over my body.

I've used nasal decongestants for the past 5 or 6 years constantly so I'm just wondering if you guys have any advice or anything?

I've always been a hypocondriac too, I remember worrying about whether I had cancer when I was around 11 or 12. So I'm aware it could be anxiety.

Any help or anything would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

robin321
30-04-12, 15:19
The pain in probably anxiety. Also, when we hyper focus we can 'feel' things we wouldn't normally notice. For example, if I concentrate on my foot (which I normally don't do) I start to feel things. I think this is prob what you are doing...

For the twitching, I have that. I am sure it is Benign Faciiliation Syndrome, which is a fancy way of saying harmless twitching. I have had it for 7 years (never diagnosed as once I read about it I was not concerned anymore)

AnnOBrien
30-04-12, 15:43
Hi, I would be inclined to agree with Robin that a lot of the pains are most likely due to your anxiety and hyper-awareness of any body processes, things people without HA wouldn't even register.

I did want to ask about your nasal decongestant though, since you've been using it for so long and are still potentially getting related head and ear pains, have you seen a doc about sinus issues? I know its not a good idea to use decongestants constantly, (just because your body gets too used to them, not because they would do any major harm!) and as a sinus sufferer I was just curious :-)

scottinhull
30-04-12, 16:05
Hi guys, thanks for your replies I appreciate them so much.

I agree that it could be anxiety but how does that explain the head pains and ear ache? Or are they part of anxiety? I'm one of these people who google my symptoms and every known symptom to a brain tumour I have.

The muscle twitching is kind of annoying as it seems to have come out of nowhere, its quite worrying.

I've been to see my gp a few times about my sinus issue, he prescribed me some nasal spray but I gave up hopelessly after a bad night and one hell of a stuffy nose lol.

Thanks again guys.

carmen2012
01-05-12, 09:05
I have been getting sharp pains in my head for over a year now usually behind my ears, I also went through a period of having ear aches that weren't bad enough for a painkiller but was constant. My GP couldn't find any imflammation in my ears or the reason for the sharp pains in my head it is very worrying & when a symptom starts I don't think rationally that it's just a pain thoughts of more sinister things enter my head. Anxiety is a terrible thing & you feel as though your going around in circles as one symptom disappears a new one appears. I hope that you feel better soon:)

scottinhull
01-05-12, 11:17
Hey, thanks for your reply.

Yeah its pretty awful, it all seems so real too. I've had the head paints since last year, just little pains that come and go. I suppose me worrying about them all the time will only make them ten times worse too. I really need to get a job, to take my mind off things. The twitching all over my body is something I have never experienced before. Are you a sufferer or anxiety? Do you manage it?

The ear pain just comes and goes, literally lasts no longer then 3 seconds then goes, then comes back at random parts of the day lol.

Many thanks