PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Dreams - Does anyone else have these?

sunflower79
30-04-12, 19:46
Hi

I have been getting bad dreams for months now, it's almost like I try to ignore problems as much as they can and keep busy. But no matter what I always have bad dreams and it's like all my anxieties come out while I'm asleep - the other night my neighbour was trying to murder me, I dream I go into work and my desk was not there, other dreams where people are walking and I'm trying to keep up with them but can't....

I just want to know is this due to the anxiety medication or just my state of mind..

Does anyone else go through this???

xx

K1rsty
30-04-12, 19:59
I am not on any medication but I do have anxiety dreams. A common one is that I am at university still and I have a dissertation due in the next day and I have totally forgot that I was meant to do it. I also tend to have dreams that are a bit odd / scary feeling. I also find the more anxious I am the more I talk in my sleep. Quite often my boyfriend will start talking to me and I will wake to find myself convinced the walls are closing in on me or I need to get some 'headphones' that are at the bed. Odd things like that. I think it is related to the anxiety and our states of mind.

xvolatileheart
30-04-12, 23:32
My dreams are full of anxiety. It sucks because I wake up feeling totally unrested. I'm not on any meds.

kittikat
01-05-12, 00:09
I have the most vivid anxious and worrying dreams, they started around the time I had my breakdown in November. Sometimes I wake in a cold sweat, wondering if it was real or just a dream and then it takes me ages to settle and get back to sleep. Before that I hardly ever had dreams, maybe just the odd one....now it's every night!! Dam to this bloody anxiety!!

sunflower79
01-05-12, 21:08
It must be a symptom of anxiety. It's funny when you are awake you can kind of train your mind to think differently, but when you are asleep you have no control whatsoever.

The way I try to cope with anxiety most of the time is by trying to block things out, and I am wondering by me dreaming like this it is a sign that I should address problems rather than block them out, as they never really get resolved.

I tried Psychoanalysis, it is a very deep therapy and they go into your past a lot and they go in to detail about things you have experienced. This is one way of breaking the problems but I can't help think that it's better to concentrate on the future than to look in the past, as that is something that is in your control.. ?

xfilme
15-05-12, 18:32
I have noticed something earily similar myself. When I go cold turkey on my 'checking processes' ad stop worrying about my health anxiety, I start getting health anxiety dreams, like my hair falling out or my teeth falling out or something. Still, Id sooner have it in my dreams than my reality. I also have loads of dreams of deep water and being chased by people with knives, but I usually survive in them, so I take my anxiety dreams as my mind retaliating against negative thoughts :P

mrmj
16-05-12, 00:01
I get realllllllly crazy dreams. I had them before my anxiety too, and although they haven't gotten weirder they are more frequent and often scary! I quite like them in a weird way though, although like you say it does leave you feeling unrested!

Recently I've woken up suddenly during the nights thinking I had breathing problems and sat up suddenly and had a coughing fit or fast, eratic uncontrolled breathing. It scares my girlfriend but I don't remember it half the time.

I think what I like about the crazy dreams is realising how creative your mind is. If only I could harness some if it whilst awake I would be some kind of artist for sure lol. I guess I should have realised this by the crazy ways it makes me feel ill, when actually I'm not and it's all in my head with anxiety though?!

ANG3LIC
16-05-12, 01:27
hi i get very odd dreams, good n bad, i keep a dream diary, always have , i very spiritual [not wso much of late due to depression etc ..] but i used sleep with certain crystal or meditate at night in bed, crystals are good, a lovely rose quartz would be nice in your bedroom. but who am i to preach i cant even take my own advice atm;;; :( .
call me weird but i love dreaming no matter what they are, yes ive had awful night mares not saying i love them but my dream diary helps when i compare it to my day 2 day diary, you may see a trigger/pattern which these awful dreams occour etc..

sorry my reply a bit all over place, hope its helped, i often imagine what id like to dream while in bed n fall asleep, i rearly dream it lol but its usually a nice dream tht follows xxx:hugs:xxx