PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks?!?!?

zippy
30-04-12, 21:41
I was told the lump deep under my skin on my belly was an abscess even though it didnt have an head or pus or anything. I have had this 3 weeks now and on my 2nd week of antibiotics and it doesnt seem to be going. I thought the other day it felt slightly smaller and softer but now i am not sure. I am freaking out that its not going to go and that its not just an abscess. I have seen 2 different doctors who both said an abscess so why do i think it isnt. Do you think they can tell by the feel if its anything serious? The doctor said it didnt feel like anything nasty.

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Anybody??

nomorepanic
30-04-12, 22:16
You do have to trust the docs on this one I have to say.

Two of them can't be wrong can they?

Mick081081
30-04-12, 22:35
Hi Zippy,

Try not to worry if it had slowly grown and kept getting slowly bigger then I'd be concerned, Since it's just appeared quickly it isn't anything sinister. Trust your doc on this one and keep taking your antibiotics and it'll clear up in no time.

As for it not having a head don't worry I'm the king of cysts I've had 5 of the buggers surgically removed over the past few years two of them in the past year. Cysts and abscesses don't always have heads and ooze puss they can form under the skin in little sacs so that's probably what you've got.

Anxiety is horrible and I hope you get passed this as worrying and fearing something more serious is terrible- trust your doc and trust me it's nothing more than a abscess and it will go away once the tablets start winning the fight against the infection.

Take care,

Mick.

zippy
30-04-12, 22:43
I would like to think not but with it not gone after 8 days of antibiotics i am pretty manic. It feels oblong shape lengthways and soft but if i get hold of it the other way it feels harder. I just wish it would shrink or go away.

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Thanks mick, thats what it feels like a sac of something deep down below my skin and fatty tissue. I have tried squeezing it a few times which i know i shouldnt and there is no way that anything will come out. I guess i will have to try and forget about it and try not to make myself ill :shrug:

adamfrai
30-04-12, 22:57
Had something similar for about 7 years, went to the docs about it fearing the worst, turns out it was nothing. It's still there now, got no bigger, got no smaller :)

chanebehanan
01-05-12, 00:09
im just about sure its nothing. ive had a few lumps on my abdomen for 10 years and they are nothing, just muscle/fat under the skin. Im sure you would know if its something sinister, it would almost always be accompanied by an underlying sympton.

zippy
01-05-12, 11:06
I keep trying to tell myself even if it isnt an abscess it could be fatty tissue or something minor but my good old brain just keeps thinking its a tumor and its spreading everywhere. I keep feeling full and don't fancy any food so i am thinking its with this lump in my belly. I am walking around as if i have been told i am dying. I hate HA, i always think i will never let myself be that bad again until a new symptom comes along. I am restraing from going back to my gp because i have been twice in the last 2 weeks to 2 different doctors.

chanebehanan
01-05-12, 11:52
is this lump under your skin? as in not possible to pop? do you have to dig to feel it?

zippy
01-05-12, 12:09
Yes it isnt possible to pop because believe me i have tried. And yes it seems too deep under my skin. I can feel a little raise when i put my hands across my belly, but i have to get hold of it deeper down. it seems to be oval shaped lengthways and squeeshy but when i get hold of it the other way it feels firmer. The doctor said it didnt feel like anything nasty but you know what it's like we think the worst. It just seems a strange place to get an abscess and it have no head etc. Thankyou for your replies x

chanebehanan
01-05-12, 16:31
sounds like my lumps. honestly i seriously would not worry about it. And I wouldn't freak out at all if it doesn't go away, because good possibility its not an abcess and just a piece of fat/musclely lump.

I know its so hard to keep your mind at ease and HA sucks but this is not one i would worry about. Now maybe if it was golf ball sized and you were having sharp pains, yeah I would be concerned, but nahhhh i think youre fine :winks:

zippy
01-05-12, 16:37
Thanks chanebehanan, did you get yours checked out? What did they say yours was? I am trying really hard not to think its anything bad but i am walking around sad, crying as if i have been told its cancerous :blush:.