PDA

View Full Version : And the crazy nerve sensations continue

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
30-04-12, 21:07
For more than a year I've been dealing with odd skin sensations all day, every day. They can happen anywhere on my body --- maybe a pin prick on my cheek one second, then a hot water sensation on my leg, then another pin prick in my back ... and so on and so forth. It's driving me crazy!!! I've been to my family doctor and the neurologist about it, and still nobody knows what is causing it. I had an MRI Friday morning and am in an awful state as I wait for results. I'm torn between wanting completely normal results and wanting to hear that they found something (NOT terminal!) so that I can have an answer. The not knowing is ruining my life, because I keep worrying about what it might be. I don't do well with uncertainty. And when it comes to my health, I have a history of thinking the worst. I know panic attacks can cause odd nerve sensations, but for me to have them all day, every day for so long, I just feel certain I have some undiagnosed physical ailment.

Trbfan
01-05-12, 04:50
Sounds similar to what I have...But even after every heart scan, 3 MRI's, and more...I still have no diagnosis..I think it could be something as small as some little nerve getting irritated somewhere down the line that kinda..throws a glitch in your body's system and creates all these odd feelings.

worrybear
01-05-12, 14:35
Ive been dealing with tingling and weird sensations on my skin for months that i feel everyday... its horrible.
Doctor says its anxiety but im really worried its something else too
x

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
04-05-12, 20:09
Thanks for the replies. I got my MRI results, and they were fine. Worrybear, hopefully this can reassure you that it's possible to have weird nerve sensations all over and not have MS.

I have these weird, painful nerve sensations all day, every day, and it's been happening for over a year. Now the neurologist is thinking they're anxiety-related, but I don't agree, because they happen all the time, even when I am perfectly relaxed. I'm not sure what is going on. I just wish I wasn't so inclined to worry that it must be something terrible. I just want it to go away.