PDA

View Full Version : Ok, one for the girls

anxious
06-07-06, 11:03
Hiya,
my current obsession is that i have a 'dint' in my breast. Only when i stand in a certain way and in a certain light[8)].
My gp has checked and theres no lumps so just says it the way i am SO why can't i let it rest. Why do i keep looking? Its probably just cellulite or the fact they are going south:D but i want to know why and all she says is its the way they are??
I mean all you read is dints = problems, but she says if theres no lump its nothing because it would b a lump pulling the skin in.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Obsessive
06-07-06, 11:07
Try not to panick to much, i have lumps and bumps in breasts but there is no lump as such!!! Its just the way that they are, everyones is different, and as long as there is no lump and they are not pain full ect then im sure your doctor is right,

Try not to worry to much xxxx

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"

manmoor
06-07-06, 11:46
Hi Vicki,

What are we like lol. I went through a stage looking and feeling my boobies about 2 years ago. I felt them that much my hubby used to say I was doing him out of a job and that I got to grope them more than he did lol. He had a point so I forgot about the boobies and moved onto another body part think it was my left leg at the time. Our old health anxiety wants us to constantly be checking our bodies for lumps and bumps and do you know what Vicki hun we give in every time.lol.

See you in chat soon xxx

Take Care

Mandy

xx

lass
06-07-06, 11:53
I had a breast lump last year (which turned out to be nothing, probably a cyst) and was referred to a breast consultant. She asked me to show her what I felt and I had a good old prod around to show her. She then explained that if you have to go looking for abnormalities, they are nothing to worry about - that suspicious breast lumps find you, you don't find them. She was very professional, very thorough and very reassuring. I feel much more confident now that I know more what I am looking for when I examine my breasts and I try not to do it too often (but it took a while to get out of the habit of doing it daily through panicking about it!). I think women should be shown and explained this at an early age - because there is so much media out there saying how we should examine our breasts but no info on what we are looking for or really how to do it.

I also remember saying to the consultant that my right breast felt different to my left - and she replied, "well, is your right foot identical to your left foot?"

Anyway, if you doctor is saying there is no lump, try to put it to the back of your mind (I know this is impossible, I've been there!).

Has it been like this for long? Would you be so worried if it was on another part of your body? Try to stay positive, and set yourself a time frame of maybe 2 weeks and reassess it then.

Hope this helps,

Take care,
Caroline
xx

anxious
06-07-06, 21:18
Hiya, thank for your replies
'She then explained that if you have to go looking for abnormalities, they are nothing to worry about - that suspicious breast lumps find you, you don't find them'
That comment really helps (for the moment anyways!)
I'm always 'looking' for something to worry about and if i'm told its ok then i reckon its changed/got worse!!!
I wish i could be one of these laid back people who wouldn't worry if their erm..... bottom was on fire lol
anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects