PDA

View Full Version : holiday worries and it dosent even involve a plane!

worried 101
01-05-12, 07:58
Hi guys.this is probs going to sound real silly but here goes...basically im feeling really anxious as ive got a holiday coming up...its not like i have to get on a plane or anythibg like that but becuase for me its a big deal and ive been really looking forward to it im now creating issues in my head to try and sabotage it...like my anxiety cant bare the fact that i might actually have a good time and have time to relax so now its gunna throw up a whole load of shit for me before i go to make sure that there is somethibg worrying me.basically the worries are stupid little things like little thoughts that ive either thought ages ago or never really thught but my heads making me think them...the overall result of these worries is overwhelming feeling of guilt that juat eats a way at meeven though these are all just fleetibg thoughts that ive had that most people wouldnt even register i dpubt and not all that important but its like i just have to tell my boyfriend so there not there.the guilt is so bad that its almost a feelibg like ive cheated in some way...the worries are always something silly,something that can be completly harmless but my head twists it until it becomes something that makes me feel this giult.basically i dont know if anyone else has ever felt this but any advice would be really appreciated as dont want this to sppil my hols as some rest from my mental torture would be really nice!thanks guys.xxx

LAURA48
01-05-12, 08:37
Hi sorry you are having a rough time - oh these thoughts are horrid - had them on and off for years - anxiety fuels them and I would not go on holiday, etc, and just so anxious because they were always in the background. There wasn't much help around then - over 20 years ago and kept alot to myself.

Have you spoken to anyone GP? or on any medication to help with the anxiety? Sounds like your mind is playing tricks with you - probably the thought of the holiday is making you feel worse. Go and see your GP and tell him what's going on?

worried 101
01-05-12, 12:57
Hi there.i am currently on meds for anxiety and depression and have suffered from it for many years.i have got quite bad and had to have the crisis team out to see me as got very down...but i have been alot better recently and so been looking forward to going away and still am its just this horrible feeling of guilt that i just want to get rid of!when im actually on hols im sure ill be fine but just such a rubbish feeling. Xxx