PDA

View Full Version : cardiologist appointment

CameronG
01-05-12, 09:57
Hi guys im absolutely bricking it, been reffered to cardiologist. As doctor doesn't think my symptoms are anxiety related! I wouldn't mind but I have to wait til June 8th

honeyb
01-05-12, 10:18
I wouldn't imagine it's anything too serious, because they wouldn't leave you until 8th June.

CameronG
01-05-12, 10:22
That was just the next appt available booking through the nhs with my referral letter

countrygirl
01-05-12, 11:58
Which means that its classed as a routine appointment. If your Dr thought your symptoms pointed to anything that could be life threatening in the near future he would have rung the cardios secretary and got you in pronto. I know how it works.

Obviously you will be scared witless we all would but the up side is that your Gp does not think you have anything that is about to kill you:yesyes:

Have you had a 24 hr ecg via your GP??? This is usually the first test that your Gp or cardio will do and tells them a huge amount about your heart.

CameronG
01-05-12, 14:26
Thanks for the advice, I feel so much calmer this afternoon xx

davey2k12
01-05-12, 17:13
yeah listen to countrygirl she is completely right i had an appointment with a cardiologist a while back and if it was anything too serious they would have you up there the same day mate trust me :) and wow my doctor thought it was anxiety related and still sent me up and i was bricking it still so cant even start too think what must be going through your mind just try and stay strong buddy the time will fly over but if you have a few quid see about private cardiologists could be worth a pop if you can afford it :) good luck and hope it all goes ok for you buddy stay safe

dave