PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex and alcohol...

belle
01-05-12, 12:29
Can you have a drink on this med? I've been on it since February 14th and haven't touched a drop... i just wondered IF i wanted to, i could...

smb25
04-05-12, 19:18
I don't actually drink but a few weeks ago I did have a few glasses of wine at a do and I was fine, however I have been on this med for over a year now.

I don't think the odd glass will do you any harm but I would be very careful and certainly not drink to excess.

:yesyes:

englishinparis
28-05-12, 01:49
Hi Belle

My experience with Cipralex and alcohol is as follows:

Firstly, everyone is different whether they are on meds or not. I'd suggest having a small amount of alcohol and see what happens. I found that I didn't want to drink to begin with, especially when my nausea and other side effects were bad.

However, when I started to feel better, I began drinking again - personally, I have found that drinking with Cipralex is fine. Obviously, people with depression/anxiety really shouldn't turn to drink as an escape etc. but I don't see the harm in the occasional glass of whatever.

I suppose the only thing to be wary of is that alcohol (if drank frequently or in large quantities) may reduce the effectivity of Cipralex - and I'm sure thats the last thing you want.

So basically, I'd suggest having a couple of drinks and see how you feel. Nothing terrible will happen - but obviously take it easy!

Happy drinking!

englishinparis