PDA

View Full Version : Hello to dizziness and propranol ...

suttree63
01-05-12, 13:55
Hi folks ... well having perused these pages for the last few weeks I thought it about time to join the milling throng. I'm a 49 yr old male in general physical good health - methinks - but find myself troubled by disturbing symptons .
I drive an awful lot of miles in my job, over four thousand during the last three weeks of March and i think that has contributed to my feelings of stress.
About four weeks ago I was afflicted by a short sharp feeling of dizzyness
( not actually spinning but woozy, brain rush type sensation which left me anxious (bricking it actually). Not nice at 60 mph on the M42 !
Of course the panic alarms went off and over the last several weeks I've managed to scare myself with obsessive googling.
Well, now I've been to the doc's (twice) and he has put me on a daily 10mg of propranolol for next few months.
We're both of a mind that it's stress related - I remember a similar 'head rush' whilst driving through London eleven years ago (same job).

What i'd like to hear about are people who have this strange lightheadedness/imbalance sensations. Is it common?, how long might they last? ... at night time, whilst on the verge of sleep i sometimes sense a falling episode which makes me sit up, panic and switch on the radio to hear a human voice. It's all very unsettling ... worrying ... what the hell causes them ? ... I could go on ... but i know others are worse off than me.
Be good to hear from you.

diane07
01-05-12, 13:58
Hi suttree63

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
01-05-12, 17:58
Hi there and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x

Glyn2190
02-05-12, 10:19
hiya mate ... i get similar sensations ( just actually had one )i feel like im going to pass out and run outside to get cool ? im on propranolol 40 mg ( just started them ) along with citalopram and although when you experience one of the head rushes it should only last a few seconds but after i shake like the prevebrial ******** dog for about an hour after.Must be stress related but just tell yourself that an episode like that although very frightening wont kill you. Keep on the tabs mate im sure they will help.

suttree63
02-05-12, 11:01
Good morning Glyn2190 ... thanks for your reply. Yesterday i was thinking by evening time, ah thats gone and i feel great ... like i've thought several times over the last four weeks ... then guess what, this morning I awake feeling lightheaded and weak, especially in my arms and of course my fertile imagination begins to run through the life threatening maladies that I must have !! ... Talk about feeble minded !

Well, in half an hour I'm due to have a blood test taken at my surgery and in a few days should (I hope and pray) get normal results.
regards to you ... and propranolol ... it's just this bizarre wooziness ... i don't get it.