PDA

View Full Version : does anyone take anything for there HA

julynn
01-05-12, 17:36
Hi I was just wondering if anyone takes anythin for there HA weather its vitamins or something doctor has prescribed. Has anyone cut anything out of there diet that has helped. I really need to try something I feel as tho this HA is taking over my life.
I'm waiting to see my councillor think she mentioned it would be cbt but I'm not sure what that stands for. Just want to try and help myself get better as much as I can

Kelseywelseyyy
01-05-12, 18:48
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is what it stands for. There is sub forums that discuss therapies and medications if you go to the main forum.

julynn
01-05-12, 19:40
Thankyou kelsey . I will have alook now thanx for replying.

Kelseywelseyyy
01-05-12, 20:14
You're very welcome! I took propanlol and citalopram for a year and I found it very helpful. However, medication is not a long term solution so I would try Cbt first. Good luck! Xx

julynn
01-05-12, 20:29
i think im not going to go to medication like you said until ive had my cbt. ive only had HA for just under a year and i dnt really understand whats going on. i became ill in july last year and prior to that i was never ill it really it me like a brick and i didnt know how to cope with being so poorly so i guess it all came from ther. i feel like i dnt know my own body anymore :( and what pains are real and what pains are my anxiety and whats not
im just hoping we wont always feel like this. x

Kelseywelseyyy
01-05-12, 20:45
You've just described my anxiety experience. I was never ill, had a brilliant immune system. I was always a worrier but never anything like this and it just came out the blue and I was terrified. A symptom of anxiety is feeling that you are or others may think you are going crazy and this affected me most. If you need to talk anytime, pm me. We're all here to help as we're in the same boat.

julynn
01-05-12, 21:01
thankyou so much kelsey i might do that as i find it really hard to cope with sometimes and my friends and family dnt really understand . i like comming on here because no one judges you and makes you think your crazy.
its good to be able to share my symptoms and thought.without thinking ppl are laughing at me. i hide so much from my family because i dnt want my children picking up on my anxitey.
thanx again kelsey :) x

cmc46
01-05-12, 21:14
Hi Your two experiences are the same as mine, I was ill last November, like you two have hardly been ill in my life which isn't bad for 65 years but this really hit me for some reason and have had anxiety every since and now Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I am taking propranolol, the GP wants me to go on anti depressants but not keen on that I would much rather do without medication if I can, it helps to know that others have gone through the same and brought on by a similar thing just sorry that you have both had to suffer as well.

Kelseywelseyyy
01-05-12, 21:50
Propranolol just stops the effects of an attack and slows down the heart which was a bit worrying for me at the age of 21 being on the same meds as those who have had a heart attack, but a lower dose. You need something to stop the way anxiety makes you think and I think CBT would be good for you. Like I said earlier I was on cit but didn't like the idea of being on them for lie and wanted to sort my anxiety without the aids of meds. Coming off them were hell, so if there are any other options that your doctor offers you apart from meds, I would take them first.

Anxiety is horrible but its the thing that links us all and we have to support each other :-D

julynn
01-05-12, 22:01
Hi cmc45 its horrible isn't thinkin there is somethin constantly wrong with us. And every little ache and pain we have we automatically think the worst.
What's propranolol.
I was never ill I've never even had the flu.
Then I got poorly with my bowels had a bleed had test and had a polyp removed which was causing the bleed and I have diverticular disease but before it was all confirmed I thought that's it I have cancer as my grandma passed away from bowel cancer so I guess that's what switch my anxiety on.
I hope we all get better really soon and are happy again x

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

You just answered my question about propranolol kelsey not sure I spelt it right think we posted at the same time :) x

Kelseywelseyyy
01-05-12, 22:10
Haha I never spell it right I just like saying the lol bit x

cmc46
02-05-12, 09:46
Hi Yes Kelsey answered your question about the propranolol, I would rather take them than anti depressants, is the fact that you think there is something wrong with constantly on your mind as it is mine? I will suddenly think goodness I feel alright and then within seconds I feel bad again, it doesn't matter what I'm doing it is there. I had a colonoscopy in March, the annoying thing by the time my appointment came through I was beginning to feel a bit better and this test has just put it all back to square one, the doctor said I would feel better as it would put my mind at rest to know there is nothing seriously wrong but it hasn't. Hope you both have a good day xx

julynn
02-05-12, 12:14
thats when i started with my HA i became really ill and had to have a colonoscopy due to bleeding i was petrified as i lost my grandma due to bowel cancer i kept thinking thats it its over i dnt want to leave my babies. so i guess that triggered the panic and it just got worse from there.
my family unit was really small and i have lost half of them. lost my mum when i was 23. then i lost my grandma then my uncle.
i cnt help but think my family's cursed oh here i go any driving my self up the wall with these stupid thoughts :(
time to go and occupy my mind with something else hope u have a nice day to cmc46 and thank you for replying :) x

cmc46
02-05-12, 15:40
Sorry to hear that you have lost so many members of your family, I can understand why you were worried, I hope your test results were clear, mine were but I'm still convinced there is something wrong as I still get pain in the abdomen a lot of the time, I've been told it's post infection IBS but I can't except that and could take 2 years to go, I don't know how I am going to put up with it for that long but I know there are a lot worse. Hope things get better for you soon.xx

julynn
02-05-12, 16:45
Thankyou my results where ok I had a poylp removed which caused the bleed and I have diverticular disease which I take daily fibre for. I also get and irritable tummy and start thinking all sorts. Have you tried taking peppermint capsules they help the digestive track. Might be worth a try. I've had the tea but wasn't so nice tasting. Our anxiety plays havoc with our tummys too. Take care and hope you start to feel better soon too x

cmc46
02-05-12, 20:37
Yes I have tried the peppermint capsules, not sure whether I take enough though, I take one and if it doesn't work I don't take any more, my own fault as I think I could take 3 a day. Our symptoms sound very similar, I hate the irritable tum, lets hope it won't be with us much longer xx

julynn
03-05-12, 09:49
i think they take awhile before we feel the benifits from them. im taking vit b12 at the moment as my energy levels are none existant im sure that the constant HA makes us tired.so im hoping they kick in soon 3 children and no energy dnt mix lol
i always have a upset tummy and like a pinching pain most of the time its drives me up the wall xx

cmc46
04-05-12, 12:30
I don't know how you manage 3 children as well, well done, I have my 91 year old mother living with us and that isn't easy, just wish I could put my stomach pains out of my mind, touch wood today I haven't had any but it is always at the back of my mind when are they going to start.

julynn
04-05-12, 15:15
thats true my under rib pain has been gone for the past 2 days touch wood it stays that way but then i find myself thinking why has it just gone when ive had it so long.so then i find some other pain im sure i create these pains in my head sometimes.
i have been feelin a little better the pas few days have my appointment threw for my cbt in june so i really cnt wait for that to start.
hopefully your pains have gone now and wont return:).and you will start feeling much better.
have a nice weekend i will be on here if you ever need a chat xx

cmc46
04-05-12, 20:29
You have a good weekend as well and thanks for the offer of a chat and the same applies if ever you want one, it is easier to talk to someone who understands what it is like, my partner just can't understand it as he has a cast iron stomach and has never suffered with his nerves, like you say I think I create the pains as well half the time. xxx