PDA

View Full Version : how do you know when theres something really wrong?

Dizzydoll
01-05-12, 18:24
as my title states how do you know when theres something really wrong with you and it aint anxiety, coz my anxiety symptoms change all the time and i develope new ones and more intense ones but everything i go the docs about i just get told yep anxiety....so this scares me as i feel my doc is always guna tell me ohh its just ur anxiety for what ever reason i go ocs for...anyone else feel worried or experienced this?

saro
01-05-12, 19:52
You trust what the doctors say. You must try and put faith in these people. You need to accept that you have anxiety in order to work on recovering from it.

Try not to look for something that isn't there.. as hard is it sounds.

Stormsky
01-05-12, 19:57
Anx symptons manifest in new ways all the time...

theharvestmouse
01-05-12, 20:16
I don't know, I think about killing myself most days but I just carry on, I've just taken the view that it can't get much worse than feeling like that.

PanchoGoz
01-05-12, 20:20
I decided a while back that nothing is ever wrong with me unless it REALLY hurts. This has worked out well for me so far. Touch wood...

theharvestmouse
01-05-12, 20:21
That's a good way of looking at it Pancho.

nomorepanic
01-05-12, 21:06
This may sound simplistic but you just know.

Like I knew when I was having chest pain that it wasn't just chest pain it was more.

I also knew there was something wrong with my bowels prior to being diagnosed with Crohn's.

I also had a friend that had cancer and he said he just knew something was wrong for a long time.

So yes you do know

KK77
01-05-12, 21:15
Yes, I think you would instinctively know it's more than just anxiety. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2007 and knew it wasn't 'simply anxiety'. Try to trust what your body tells you I guess - and to a certain extent docs too.