PDA

View Full Version : dizzy, short of breath, nausia, no appetite, tired... really just anxiety?

greywind
01-05-12, 22:11
I am 23, i am sure i am fit and healthy but lately I've been getting the above symptoms. I have suffered with panic attacks and health anxiety for 4 years or so, palpatations etc... but quite badly recently.

I have started a new job this week so i thought it could have been anxiety about this but i dont understand why because this job is something ive been looking forward too.

the main worry is my shortness of breath/chest tightness as the other things i mentioned i have had quite a lot over the years with anxiety.. but shortness of breath after exertion which i find odd as up until 2 weeks ago i have been to the gym and done heavy workouts twice a week for the last year!

Any similar experiences or advice appreciated :(

Lindy
01-05-12, 22:29
Sounds like anxiety to me -I have these symptoms a lot. I've had them today in fact!! My muscles tense up without me realising, particularly in my tummy and I end up not breathing properly which starts to make me dizzy. I get a tight chest when I'm anxious too, just becomes harder to breathe than it should be. Even though you have started a job you were excited about, there is still a certain amount of stress involved! I hope you feel more relaxed soon - roll on Friday eh?

greywind
01-05-12, 22:38
ha ha absolutely :(

speaking of friday, I have noticed i never feel like this when I'm drunk so i suppose thats a tell tale anxiety sign. Always feel worse day after drink though. Vicious circle.

Lindy
01-05-12, 22:49
Yeah I used to feel anxious when hungover. But I can't even get drunk any more :( Makes me heart beat so fast and I get anxious when I get to bed, I wake up every five minutes panicky. 2pts is my absolute maximum and even then i'm likely to suffer. Usually get away with one though.