PDA

View Full Version : Nearly there! Recovery process is so annoying though!

Littlehelper123
01-05-12, 22:46
I thought I would post some things here about my recovery process of anxiety.

I've basically gone from Panic attacks to anxiety.

I am about to start CBT due to intrusive thoughts.

Intrusive thoughts are negative feelings and thoughts that are considered a type of OCD.

I get nasty one's i won't go into detail but i get more scary one's than I do sexual or angry (although the other day I could have screamed at a mother for not stopping her child from screaming the place down - playfully and on purpose screaming this was , not even because it was a child, just to annoy others around them -_-)

So yeah i get intrusive thoughts and my hormones are ridiculously all over the place!

I still get the occasional anxiety here and there but I can cope SO MUCH BETTER than before.

I am so pleased to say that I am getting straight distinctions in my college course that I started in January and will be finishing in July =) I have had 100% attendance too which i have never been able to do in my whole educational life!! LOL!

If you are suffering from panic and anxiety and see no end to it , THERE IS.

If you wake up and feel anxious , say to yourself " I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY TODAY , I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY TODAY" , it sounds ridiculous but TRUST ME it works! I am the most negative person in the world and I have done this twice and it has put me in a better mood already!

Always say to yourself "tomorrow will be better" because a bad day is a bad DAY not a bad WEEK not a bad YEAR a bad DAY....you can change how you react to things, you can tell your anxiety to EFF OFF! =)

I am 17...my teen years so far have been bloody awful....from losing my brother when I was 12, to being bullied when i was 13/14 to being abandoned and criticized by friends when I was 15 and being harassed by my teachers at school when I was 16.....I am 17 and trying to END MY TEEN YEARS ON A HIGH!!!

The thought of turning 18 makes my anxiety FLIP but i say "BE HAPPY" and it works =)

If i can do it , i am 100% sure you can xxxxxxxxxx

In my spare time when I am bored i have taken to BLOGGING about a hobby of mine which is beauty =) try it !

stay strong and most importantly SMILE xxxxxx

Beckybooboo
01-05-12, 22:58
Hi,

Aww wow - I'm 19 and it's so nice to hear such an inspirational post!

I really enjoyed reading that - do you have any tips for intrusive thoughts?

Thnaks

Littlehelper123
02-05-12, 16:28
Heya :) not really as its just started happening to me. Im startin cbt today so will let you no how that goes on :) xx

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Hiya, ive just had My session and it went brilliantly! I am learning a technique called mindfullness. If you google it i am sure you will find lots of info on it, its a bit hrd to explain but yeah. Xxx