PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack recovery:chest pains and alcohol

brentcat
02-05-12, 07:03
After suffering from a panic attack sparked by marijuana approximately 5 months ago, i've been up and down in terms of what could be classified as anxiety and/or panic.

At present, i'm feeling much better. However, i get frequent chest pains. They are relatively sharp and are not made worse by breathing. They are on both the left and right side of my chest, although seem to be more frequent on the left. Does anyone else experience these pains? If so, are they something i should see my doctor about? Do they get better with time? Could this be related to a persisent chesty cough i've had for approximately 2 months.

Secondly, i want to ask about alcohol. Being 18, all of my friends are clubbing and doing party drugs. I've accepted that they are probably not a good idea for myself, but i would like to start drinking again. After getting drunk for the first time in a long time about a month ago, i felt extremely anxious and depersonalised the next day, which was accompanied by an elevated heart rate and palpitations, which set back my recovery considerably. How can i safely and effectively reintroduce alcohol?

While many may attack my wish to drink, consider that my current condition has severely impacted on my social life as it is by not allowing me to more safely use MDMA, let alone by preventing me from drinking.

mumof4
02-05-12, 17:25
i used to get chest pains all the time was due to anxitey all ur mussles are around ur heart and when u panic u tense and there for u will have chest pains, they will go away altough if u are really concered c a doctor even just to ease ur mind.

as for drinking me i dont drink not at all never have , what i got told from the doc and the crisis team is u shouldnt drink if u suffer with anxiety as it can make it worse and if things get really bad some people have turned to drink they think it will help them but it doesnt.

now im not sure how a few pints would work maybe just have a couple but there agin it could still make ur anixtey rise,