PDA

View Full Version : tense jaw help

julynn
02-05-12, 08:13
Hi does anyone tense there jaw I've been doing it a lot lately and its starting to hurt my neck is this normal as I'm stressin now that it could be something else please need reassurance and if anyone does the same and get a sore achy neck threw doing it

honeyb
02-05-12, 08:29
Hey Julynn
When you suffer with HA you are always tense, if your jaw is tense it will effect your neck, it does with mine. I suffer with HA and it the worst thing ever. It also effect my chest and throat too.

Pipkin
02-05-12, 08:50
Hi there,

Tell me about it!! This is my number one anxiety symptom at the moment, clenching my teeth which is causing me jaw pain and headaches. I've always done this but it has got worse since I've been on ADs. I'm going to discuss it with my dentist at my next check up.

I know you won't want to google this, but there is some excellent information on the BUPA website.

Take care and take comfort - you're not alone!

Pip x

julynn
02-05-12, 11:55
thankyou for for replying had a little moment and hought all sorts im so new to HA and every little pain or ache is a major symptom
i think i will mention thi to my dentist also. i cnt seem to stop doing it even tho wen notice i try to relax it but it never seems to help xx

Pipkin
02-05-12, 12:49
I can't seem to stop it either! And if I do it when I'm awake, I dread to think what I'm doing when I'm asleep.

Pip x

julynn
02-05-12, 15:13
yep me too i think i do it worse while im sleeping xx

Pipkin
02-05-12, 20:13
This may sound a bit odd but pushing your tongue forward in your mouth helps to stop it! Just don't do what I did and fall asleep llike that and wake up when you've bitten your tongue!

Pip x