PDA

View Full Version : reassurance please !

wlizzie
02-05-12, 09:02
i have been taking cit 20mg for 13days nows, it was prescribed for anx and depression, the last 3days were great i felt really good until yesterday evening. Then all the physical anx symptons started up ,i barely slept at all and have a really sore throat and bad stomach, now as well as all that im obsessing over thinking all this is due to serotonin syndrome even though im not taking anything apart from vitamins and cit, i cant get it out of my head.:weep:

Pinkcasi
02-05-12, 09:37
Stop panicing, it's still early days for the Cit you (and i mean the general, royal 'you' not specifically you) think that because you've had a few good days it means you're 'fixed'' and everything will be ok, but there will still be bad days, there will be up's and downs but hopefully the downs will be shorter and easier to get over.
Just give it time, you're fine it's just a blip :hugs:

LAURA48
02-05-12, 09:44
i have been taking cit 20mg for 13days nows, it was prescribed for anx and depression, the last 3days were great i felt really good until yesterday evening. Then all the physical anx symptons started up ,i barely slept at all and have a really sore throat and bad stomach, now as well as all that im obsessing over thinking all this is due to serotonin syndrome even though im not taking anything apart from vitamins and cit, i cant get it out of my head.:weep:

Hi

I am on day 6 of citalopram - 3 days on 20mg - did not feel too bad yesterday then early evening had a blip - panicky/tears, etc. Thought oh no but then though hey only day 5! for goodness sake! It takes 4 to 6 weeks and may be a bit longer! there will be blips!

Re Serotonin syndrome - you haven't got that - that starts very early on and for sure you would know about it. So get that thought out of your head!

wlizzie
02-05-12, 10:28
thanks for the replies, i know im being silly but this whole thing seems neverending sometimes, i am feeling a bit better now iv stopped moping in bed and got up, it helps knowing im not alone in all this what i would call confusion.
I have a docs appointment later to get some mri results and on the phone the receptionist mentioned the word neuroligist so thats freaked me abit too, but im trying to think positive.
Hope you both have a good day.
Liz:)

Pinkcasi
02-05-12, 10:37
Youre not being 'silly' it's what we do, and it's easier for people to say, dont worry when it's not our particular issue if that makes sense, as a 3rd person you can see that it's a blip and it's all good but when your in it it's not so easy to see, im in a blip just now too and i've posted posts like yours too, no one ever said this stuff was rational haha yoou know it, it makes sense, people say it and it's true but it doesn't stop the worry.