PDA

View Full Version : Ms fears

worrybear
02-05-12, 09:36
Ive posted before about how worried i am about ms and i just cant seem to move on from this worry.It started when id just had my baby i got tingling all over my body,this went away.
Then a couple of months ago i was going through alot of problems and the all over body tingling came back along with twitching eyelid and feeling not with it.Gp did bllods which were ok then gave me seraline for my anxiety,no mention of ms.
I went back to see her this morning for a review i told her id not taken the tablets cos im sure its ms.... she said take the tablets its anxiety!
So today i have started taking the tablets.
I just cant seem to believe its anxiety,why would anxiety mimic the symptoms of something like ms?
How can i get over this fear :(

zippy
02-05-12, 09:48
Believe me worrybear it can mimic whatever you think you have. Over the last 4 years i have had headaches, weakness, dizziness and numbness (brain tumor) i had an mri scan and all clear. 12 months later i felt full, nausea, loose bowels, pain by my ovary and i googled and hey i had ovarian cancer. I had a scan and it was clear no cancer. I have convinced myself i have had lung cancer, bowel cancer, stomach cancer etc and i have never had any.
I still find it hard to believe that anxiety can cause all these weird symptoms but it can.

Pinkcasi
02-05-12, 09:58
Zippy is totally right, it's infuriating i know and difficult to believe it when it's You it's happening to but it really is anxiety, plus MS has many varied symptoms that coould be any number of things trust me my Dad has it and it took years for it to be diagnosed because it's so difficult to pinpoint (or it was 20 years ago) it effects everyone differently so there are no hard and fast symptoms. Seriously the likelyhood of you having MS are so slim it's way more likely that it's anxiety right? :shrug:

honeyb
02-05-12, 10:24
Oh yes they are right worrybear, if your worry about a particular illness, then anxiety will convince you you have that illness, i've had ms, brain tumor, leukemia, AIDS, graves disease and have currently got a heart problem (even though i had an ecg and bloods last year, which came back fine). If you are like me and google your symptoms too, then its amazing how anxiety can mimic any disease.

zippy
02-05-12, 10:57
Yes i have this lump and then someone said on here i only would worry if i had sharp pains and guess what i have started getting pains in my stomach. It seems if i read or hear someone say a symptom that relates to what i think i have i get it.