PDA

View Full Version : please can you reassure me? does anyone else feel like me?

honester
02-05-12, 16:25
I know I keep going on but i need help in accepting that the horrible sensations i get in my head are anxiety!

Head rushes
feeling like i'm going to pass out
head pains / shooting / stabbing pains - very scary!!
dizziness - very bad
eyes feel like are going out of focus - but i can still see
ear congestion/ popping and ringing - like a pressure feeling in head/ear - only lasts a minute or so - but scaring me!

I'm seeing a neurologist this month to discuss my brain tumour fear - i feel like i have all the symptoms of a serious illness and not anxiety!!!!!

I had my eyes tested last week - had the full works/ photos of the back of my eyes, pressure tests etc - all looked 100% healthy and my vision was perfect, no need for glasses. I told the optician about my fears and she reassured me that she had no concerns and there was no pressure evident behind my eyes.

Had lots of tests at GP and all clear.
Treated for sinuses just in case with no response so GP says it all down to anxiety.

The thing is if I had chest pain etc then that is pretty much text book anxiety symptoms but mine don't seem to be to me!

Just need to know that other people get the same symptoms - someone who does believe that it's anxiety! old posts i have done people have related the symptoms to sinus issues or middle ear probs which I don't have.

I can feeling ok (not all that anxious) and bam i get the pains in my head! ear thing! - Is this anxiety????

Dizzydoll
03-05-12, 21:11
i can relate my main problem is head sensations dizzyness any eyes not focusing n i also feel it cant b anxiety but thats wot im told :-( mine lasts all day long n is drivin me mad but nice to know im not akine x

Mark_P
03-05-12, 21:36
I've been feeling similar, but I do wear glasses and contact lenses. To be honest, it probably is just anxiety. I'm sure the doctor would have sent you for more tests if he was worried. I have the same feeling about my ears, but I have it all day, everyday for about 6 weeks now. I have been given a nasal spray, but I've only been using it a few days, so results will take a little while to be honest.

It's friday tomorrow, so give it until next Mon or Tues and then if you still have worries, go back to the doctor and ask him what he can suggest is best for you.

Have you been worrying about anything? Stressed? Because the slightest bit of anxiety could set off certain symptoms in the body.

honester
03-05-12, 21:41
I''ve felt like this since december and my Gp is exhausted with my visits - poor man! x

MamaCass
04-05-12, 10:01
Sorry i dont have any advice. But you have just described me in one. I go back to see my consultant this afternoon. Its so draining :(

jbSEO9
04-05-12, 10:13
I''ve felt like this since december and my Gp is exhausted with my visits - poor man! x

I feel for you, it sounds like a scary issue...

Has this just started all of a sudden?

miss sparkle
04-05-12, 10:34
hiya. i just wanted to re assure you that there are others in the same boat.
I have had everything you described since Dec too.
my dizziness eased off for a while, but it seems to have returned now.
I think its a vicious circle of worry, that makes you dizzy that makes you worry.
I can pin point when mine started which sort of comforts me that its anxiety x
please message me if you need to x

GreekGirl
04-05-12, 10:40
honester, I feel for you, how awful that you cannot get to the bottom of the problems, have you had a MRI scan? The neurologist should refer you for one asap, they have a duty of care to ensure that YOU get the best tests available, and you should insist that they do this, if they dont then contact the health minister and complain. If you can afford it you could always go private for a scan.

debs180
04-05-12, 11:34
I have all the same issues as you! horrible horrible horrible......and if you are like me its the sudden-ness of the symptoms eg a quick head pain or sudden dizziness when you seem to be feeling absolutely fine thats scary and knocks you off the "its anxiety" thought......i have been suffering these symptoms now for 4 years (on and off) so anxiety would seem the likely cause now surely after this long???.....but....theres always that but see...lol.
I do hope your visit to the neuro helps you accept things abit more, good luck :)

Debs x