PDA

View Full Version : yet another newbie

phoenix
06-07-06, 16:54
Hi, im phoenix, female and 24. Ive had OCD mildly for a good few years now, had 6 months of (for me) pointless counselling at my GP's, only high point was when i joked that the only thing that cheered me up was sitting in my room rocking backwards and forwards.... this did not go down well with said counsellor... she got all excited at having a "real" case and started madly scribbling on her clipboard thinking I couldnt see... she was VERY dissapointed when i said i was joking!!!
~hint to all~ DO NOT JOKE WITH COUNSELLORS ~ they might not have a sense of humour!
Then moved on to a 6 month course of cognitive behavioural therapy... which worked for a while. but as you will all probably know, life thorws changes at you which knock you off track... and all my old neuoses have crept back.. bringing some new ones to keep them company! (the b**tards)
heard about this site through a friend who is also a newbie... been helping her though her problems, hoping this place will be a nice rest for both of us!
My partner is supportive but this kind of relentless freakage is wearing! I really am trying to change... you all know how hard that is when the world seems deliberately to be putting problems in your way.
hugs to all[^]

Obsessive
06-07-06, 17:00
Howdy and welcome, its been really good for me and can write all my freaks down with out bothering a certain friend about them!!!!!!! She is brilliant but has to cope with her own anxieties and OCD and im sure she doesnt need mine :)

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"

polly daydream
06-07-06, 17:07
Hi Phoenix and a very big welcome. You will make plenty of great friends here, whom are very helpfull and caring.

Best wishes,

Polly

phoenix
06-07-06, 17:07
thanx obsessive... i am indeed that friend. xxx

Karen
06-07-06, 17:08
Hi Phoenix

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

phoenix
06-07-06, 17:18
loving the cagney and lacey quote. thanks
[^]

chedda
06-07-06, 18:40
Hia Phoenix and welcome to the site :D
know you will find some good advice and support on here and we all have a better sence of humour than your counsellor ...lol
Take care cheryl xx

manmoor
06-07-06, 18:41
Hi Phoenix,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Rennie1989
06-07-06, 18:55
Hiya Phoenix, welcome to the forum. I love that name Phoenix ^_^

AKA Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
06-07-06, 19:34
Hi Phoenix

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

emma chant
06-07-06, 19:48
Hi pheonix,
Welcome to nmp.
xx

e chant

chucklehound
06-07-06, 21:25
Welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

tyra
06-07-06, 22:50
hi pheonix i too suffer from ocd this site has helped me greatly i can express myself without feeling like a freak or being judged cos lets face it even our partners dont know how we torture our selves feel free to pm me if u wanna talk anytime
luv tyra xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
06-07-06, 23:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

giddy
07-07-06, 07:34
Welcome to the forum Phoenix
love Helen

ceecee
07-07-06, 11:14
hi phoenix welcome to the forum!take care rachelx x x

Obsessive
07-07-06, 11:20
Yes Pheonix you indeedy are and i hope this forum helps you like it helps me, its better writing it down and getting my anxieties of my chest with people who understand than coping on my own!!! Lol.

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"