PDA

View Full Version : very worried :(

susan1963
02-05-12, 22:49
hello im new to this site and need advice ive suffered with anxiety and panic in the past but now im stressing out again because of a rash i had this rash everyday for about 8 or 9 months on both my arms drs were baffled by it and now ive got to go and see a dermotologist in 2 weeks time, im worried because the rash has more or less gone off my arms and for the past few weeks ive been breaking out in hives at some point everyday on my scalp neck arms and back im on antihistamines until i see dermo also to add to my problems since the rash on my arms started ive had some form of integestion that i only got in the evenings but now its affecting me all day on and off, im thinking ive got hives down my windpipe or summut also i get a hot flush in my face a fair bit and im worried about going into Anaphylaxis shock ive never had anything like this before and im often led in bed on an evening shaking uncontrolably because of worry about a severe allergy reaction am i going mad :weep:

diane07
02-05-12, 22:51
Hi susan1963

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

susan1963
02-05-12, 22:52
thankyou diane :)

kittikat
02-05-12, 23:11
Hi Susan & welcome

Sorry you are having a somewhat distressing time at the moment. You will get lots of help & support here.

Just a thought....I am an anx/panic/ag sufferer but my brother has stress related psoriasis, has this been ruled out?

Take care, Kitti :)

bottleblond
02-05-12, 23:11
Hi Susan

Welcome to NMP :flowers:

I have had the EXACT same thing. It started a few years ago where i ended up at the emergency doctor a few times with severe chest pains. Eventually i was prescribed Gaviscon but the next day after taking this, i woke up with the most awful rash. The rash was severe and i ended up back at the emergency doctor.

Going to cut a long story short here. The chest pains turned out to be acid reflux and the rash is Chronic Urticaria. The reason for this (unknown). Like you, the two always seemed to go together and still do.

I have meds now for when my skin flares up and it works brilliantly.

You will be fine too. Please don't panic but i did the same thing at first too so i know how you feel . I promise you'll be fine and it's nothing to worry about.

Pm me anytime.

Take care

Lisa
x