PDA

View Full Version : Why does it feel so bad then so good?

cas2ce
03-05-12, 10:06
Hope everyone is well!

I want to know why one day I can go completely terrible, shaking all day, heart rate up, crying, no sleep, feeling sick, irrational thoughts of needing urgent medical attention or feeling like I'm going to die - to feeling not 100% but a lot less symptomatic?

Is this just me? I may go 5 or so days feeling a lot better to crashing and burning for another 5, its making me lose my mind! :shrug:

neowallace
03-05-12, 11:10
Hi Cas2ce..

Yeah I am like that too. I keep a diary trying to work out triggers but usually it can be pretty random. I take medications which in general even out when they are working but at the moment I can have days when I will take on the world and then days when I want to hide. I guess it is a symptom of anxiety. Check it out with your Doctor anyway he might me able to suggest something.
Best wishes to you:)x

rockydog
03-05-12, 11:22
Hi there,
I get this and it is so annoying as when i have a few days i think good its going away and then it seems worse when it comes back as it is so dissapointing. I dont understand it, when Im well i think, oh not so bad I can handle that if it comes back, then feel just us bad when it returns.

cas2ce
03-05-12, 11:25
Yes rock dog that is my exact thought when I'm well, Im like oh I can cope with the bad days and then when they hit I'm like ahhh Im gonna die and can't manage daily activities.
So frustrating!!!

AngelHeart
03-05-12, 11:27
I'm exactly the ame too only my crashes dont last as long now, they usually last a day, at a push too but I take my anti anxiety pills when that happens. I try to stay positive and know it wont last but its hard to be in that frame of mind whilst its happening. I never feel 'normal' either. Even on the better days I usually still have an edge like I'm waiting for something bad to happen or looing for my anxiety if that makes sense? Hopefully the bad days will get shorter for you too like they've done for me :) xx

cas2ce
03-05-12, 11:30
I sure hope so Angel xxx I was taking valium 1mg on an as needed basis over the last month, but have decided to ditch them as I feel like medication has always done me more bad then good. When I have my bad days I always contemplate meds but know they make me worse. This is my first blip in 2 years and by far my worst physically, not mentally, I just have such a hard time accepting my symptoms

rockydog
03-05-12, 11:39
I know how you feel, I am not on medication either as I felt worse, but should probably try again. I have been unwell since October but very slowly improving. I have been off work since January, but due to return which is a concern as I am worse when I wake up.
I have had several days in a row where i just feel a bit muzzy headed or ache and feel a bit dizzy, but nothing as bad as the mental days and i get hopeful. Then I wake up with a horrible feeling over all, heart racing and feel jittery and cant concentrate on anything with fatigue. I then feel like it will never go away and that something else is causing it and cant sleep at night, which makes the headaches worse. Then it can vanish again x

cas2ce
03-05-12, 11:44
I dunno how anyone can leave the house with these symptoms, all I do is lay down these days

AngelHeart
03-05-12, 11:57
I was off work for 6 weeks with mine, was the same as you, couldnt do anything as the anxiety was crippling, no other medication exept the anti anxiety pills, SLOWLEY I have gotton better over the weeks and I do have more good days now. How long have you been suffering this time with it Cas2ce? xxx

cas2ce
03-05-12, 12:03
Its been a month so far, I can't project myself past it all!

AngelHeart
03-05-12, 14:00
Ive had mine roughly 5 months and I felt like you at the beginning so hopefully as you get stronger the good days will outweigh the bad. Best thing you can do hun is accept the symptoms the best you can, dont try to fight them, just accept them , take each day as it comes and dont think that every day will be the same. Try to keep yourself occupied even if its just by doing a menial task like making the beds. Do things you dont have to think about. *TRY* to go for a little walk every day , I did this right the way throughout mine and I found it made me alot better by doing it. In time you will get better but you must give yourself time to heal, dont rush and one day you will get there :hugs: xxx

Dizzydoll
03-05-12, 16:15
this sounds very familiar to me ive just had 4 days where ive felt normal and can cope and i felt brilliant like nothing is going to take me back to where i was and now bam the last 2 days i feel anxious jittery racey heart and my worst symptoms are strange head sensations n feeling like im loosing my mind :( i just want this nightmare over :( what are your symptoms cas2ce?

rockydog
03-05-12, 16:40
AngelHeart do you mind me asking what anti anxiety pills you have please ?

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Dizzy Doll
I noticed you said strange head sensations, i always say that rather than headache ? can you describe how it feels as no one gets me ?

cheers xx

cas2ce
03-05-12, 16:48
My symptoms are insomnia, constant tremoring, upset stomach, gassy, anxious, weak, drained its horrible

Dizzydoll
03-05-12, 19:34
hey rockydog its really hard to explain the head thing coz its not a pain its just a really strange pressure feeling in the top of my brain n it can make me feel like im loosing my mind it can b quite unbareable wot about urs?

rockydog
03-05-12, 20:17
Hi there

I know what you mean about the top of your head, i get like a pressure on the top of your head can feel like something heavy or iron im not sure how to explain it. I also feel like my brain is strained or burnt out really hard to tell people what it is or like brain freeze. Sometimes feel like you would if you had been out in the freezing cold and breathed in through your nose. Tablets dont seem to help and sometimes my actual head hurts in that area to touch :)

mjh74
03-05-12, 20:36
Hi cas2ce,

Sorry you're feeling like that, you're describing my week. I seem to have a good week and manage to pull my head above the water and then start to sink again. This week for me is just like you've described, I feel like I've felt like it for weeks and can't remember last week when I felt pretty ok. Damn anxiety, you're not alone! Keep on fighting, the good days will be back soon enough!

Mark

Dizzydoll
03-05-12, 20:52
Hi there

I know what you mean about the top of your head, i get like a pressure on the top of your head can feel like something heavy or iron im not sure how to explain it. I also feel like my brain is strained or burnt out really hard to tell people what it is or like brain freeze. Sometimes feel like you would if you had been out in the freezing cold and breathed in through your nose. Tablets dont seem to help and sometimes my actual head hurts in that area to touch :)

nice to know im not alone with the funny head thing :-)

AngelHeart
03-05-12, 23:35
[QUOTE=rockydog;986029]AngelHeart do you mind me asking what anti anxiety pills you have please ?

Hi Rockydog, I take 5mg x 3 of prochlorperazine ( stemitil ) I was origanally given them for dizzyness I was experiancing and they did nothing for that but took my anxiety away :) Having looked at the leaflet it read that it was actually an anti anxiety pill too so I spoke to my Dr about having it precribed for anxiety and he didnt hesitate, apparently he said its low down on the list for use as an anti anxiety pill as they use others more commonly, but these work fine for me and I dont take them every day, just when I'm having an anxious day and by the next day I'm usually fine. They work for me anyway. HTH x

suttree63
05-05-12, 17:09
Hello there, just adding to the description of intermittent symptons ... I started getting stress symptons out of the blue just over a month ago ... with me it's mainly in my head, literally. I get a wooziness, sometimes momentary and sharp imbalance, sometimes a prolonged period of being out of kilter, not really dizziness but almost like i'm not fully connected with varying sensations (but not normally pain or true headaches,) just odd and unsettling to say the least ... a wonky brain/vision feeling. I particularly notice it whilst perusing magazines (not those type) in my local Morrison's supermarket ... in fact the lighting in that store really sets me off ! Most uncomfortable. In short, one day nothing another day its ...whoaaa. How long do these things last, can anyone advise me ? Kind regards to all.