PDA

View Full Version : weight!!!

zippy
03-05-12, 11:10
Does everybody else lose weight soon as you start worrying and being anxious?? I have been doing slimming world since xmas and its been a struggle every week.But since my anxiety kicked off again i have lost 3 pounds since monday and i have been eating chocolate etc because i cant be bothered dieting when i am so wound up and anxious and i never fancy food that i normally would.
And then i worry because i have lost weight and think its becuase i have something wrong!! Can't win.

TriciaB
03-05-12, 11:44
Hiya zippy,

Yep I lose weight with anxiety, I have lost 6lbs in the last 2 weeks because my anxiety has been virtually 24/7 , I really cant face anything to eat when I am anxious, have been eating bananas, drinking lots of milk, anything soft really, or easy to swallow. There again when I am anxious I have numerous bm's every day, so my weight is going down the loo !!!

zippy
03-05-12, 11:55
Yea me too, i couldnt keep off the toilet yesterday and then i think oh no whats wrong with me lol. It happens everytime, i want to lose a bit of weight but definitely not this way.

honeyb
03-05-12, 11:58
Yep i lost loads of weight last time i had anxiety too. Like you say you can't win. Someone mentioned i'd lost weight a couple of weeks ago and i went into panic thinking whats wrong with me.

zippy
03-05-12, 12:04
Yep thats me too, if someone says i look pale or i have lost weight i over analyze it all and think i must have something seriously wrong.

Hypo
03-05-12, 12:44
I lost a lot of weight during my bad spell..

I recently lost a lot of weight on purpose taking me to size 10. I went down to size 8 when I got ill and now people think I'm anorexic.

Hilycat
03-05-12, 13:33
Before xmas I was a size 20/22 since then I have lost 3 stone and am currently a size 14/16! I dont know if its the sertraline or the stress of the anxiety or the lack of appetite-my Gp keeps weighing me and looking puzzled..but I am feeling better though in myself thats what counts i guess.

anthrokid
04-05-12, 05:02
Hey Zippy,

When my anxiety was really bad and I was having heaps of panic attacks a couple of years ago I lost about 10 kilos in less than a month. I was really unwell. I've since recovered for the most part - no more panic attacks or health anxiety, and I got back up to a healthy weight.

However, I do still suffer from moderte anxiety, and when I get super stressed I still lose weight. In the last week I've lost 2 kilos because I've been under so much pressure with uni assignments and work.

It doesn't happen because there is something seriously wrong with you. it happens because being very anxious uses up a very, very high amount of energy :)

Hypo
04-05-12, 08:22
spam! we aren't trying to lose weight.

gemjones85
04-05-12, 11:56
Before xmas I was a size 20/22 since then I have lost 3 stone and am currently a size 14/16! I dont know if its the sertraline or the stress of the anxiety or the lack of appetite-my Gp keeps weighing me and looking puzzled..but I am feeling better though in myself thats what counts i guess.

How do u find sertraline ?? i had a bad time with that?