PDA

View Full Version : reassurance needed

karentia
03-05-12, 14:45
hi every1 , i was in hospital for 7 days (came home 2 days ago) was admitted with ohss a condition caused by ivf treatment. on saturday i developed a pain under my right ribs , the hospital panicked me saying it could be a clot !!!!!! from sat-mon they did a chest x-ray, 2 special blood tests & a ultrasound on my legs !! they did wanna do a another scan but because iam 5weeks preg (from ivf) they didnt really wanna do it. i still have this pain , but i was sent home with the advice if i feel breathless , start coughing or bringing up flem im to go bk or to my gp :ohmy: if they did all those tests in the hospital surely a clot would have been ruled out ??? im so scared incase they missed it :blush:

miss sparkle
03-05-12, 15:34
Do they think it May be a clot caused by ivf?
I don't know much about clots, but i would guess they have done everything they could possibly do and the chance of them missing it is slim.
I don't think they would just send you home if they thought you were in danger x

K1rsty
03-05-12, 15:35
Hi Karentia - sorry to hear that you have been through so much. Things in health change and they are saying this to you to make sure you seek medical advice if anything worsens or changes. I know it is hard but please try to relax especially as you are pregnant. If you feel axious or worried maybe call the ward that discharged you, see your GP or contact NHS Direct for reassurance. Have you got family and friends around you that can help support you?? If you have talk them about how you are feeling too.

karentia
03-05-12, 18:10
im at higher risk of clots cause of the ohss