PDA

View Full Version : Sharp chest pains

Rennie1989
03-05-12, 19:28
Hiya all

As a sufferer of anxiety for nearly a decade chest pains are part and parcel of the disorder. I get them all the time, but recently they're becoming more uncomfortable, in fact, painful.

I always get the pain under my left breast, close to the middle. When it comes it's sudden and sharp to the point where I have to grip my chest and tense up. When I try to breathe in it makes the pain much worse, like a dagger in my chest. It goes eventually but I'm left breathless and achy in my chest.

Does anyone know what this is? Does anyone else get this? Should I think about getting it seen to (I have had clear ECG's in the past)

phil21
03-05-12, 20:02
heyy

I've been getting exactly the same, really sharp pains in the same area, breathless etc, ive had ECG'S and an echocardiogram which have all been normal and its so annoying because i think there musn't be anything wrong with me but yet the symptoms are so real. according to my doctor its just anxiety but the symptoms just come on even if im not worrying which is a bit confusing, but mine just seem to come and go. i wouldnt worry because you've had an ECG which rules out quite a few things :) i'm sure you'll be okay x