PDA

View Full Version : Numbness?

Daniaw87
03-05-12, 21:45
Ever since my panic got out of control in late January, I have learned so much to control it for the most part, sometimes with the help of a .25 mg xanax...but I have an almost constant numbness in my right hand, which started the same time. I know it's not going to kill me, but it's gives me even more anxiety, and I feel like any day now I'm going to go back to full blown panic attacks for three weeks again :(

baileydalm
05-05-12, 21:47
Hello,
Numbness is really common in anxiety/stress. I wouldn't worry our bodiers can do crazy things. I get numbness in my little finger and index finger at night and my dr thinks its linked to teetch clenching at night?
:)

embee
06-05-12, 11:33
If you have a lot of tension in your body, your nervous system goes into protection mode and sends more blood to the larger muscles and less to the muscles in the more extreme parts of your body, ie your fingers and toes.

Once you get your body more relaxed you may well find that the numbness will disappear.

I suffer middle of the night panic attacks and it's not uncommon for me to notice that my hands are quite numb and I also notice a cramp sensation in my lower legs. I don't suffer any of this when my body is calmer.