PDA

View Full Version : Now worrying about my husband!

countrygirl
03-05-12, 22:20
My husband has had over two days a couple of attacks of diahrea ( sorry can't spell it). He is not worried and just says I get this sometimes but he is 58 yrs old and I am worried about bowel cancer.

He is exact opposite of me and says don't worry until you have to and he refuses any screening tests. I am wanting to send for the bowel cancer home test ( same one as nhs send to over 60's) but daren't suggest it at moment.

I am telling myself that they say you can leave any change in bowel habit for at least 3 weeks before getting it checked out on the adverts but I just wish I didn't worry about every single symptom:lac:

Any tips on not panicking about this?

honester
03-05-12, 22:24
There is a stomach bug going round and lots of people are getting it - squits and sickness so i would not worry xx

MrRedShirt
03-05-12, 22:26
Hi countrygirl,

A couple of days of the squits (I can't spell it either) sounds like he's eaten something dodgy to me. Like a bad sausage or a quiche that's passed its best-before date. Or picked up a bug from somewhere. I wouldn't worry about anything more serious at this point in time.

countrygirl
04-05-12, 10:43
Thanks both - I think it probably is some low grade bug as he said last night he felt sick and delicate tummy and this morning he says he aches like flu.

I had weird bad throat and cold with flu symptoms last weekend that lasted 2 days then got huge amount better but not completely better so there is obviously alot going around!!

countrygirl
04-05-12, 15:47
He is sure now he has some bug as he feels really ill with flu aches and sickly and does not want food which for him means he must be ill!! His tummy is certainly making lots of very loud noises and he says he feels as if he might have to rush to the loo although he has ony been once today but it was very loose but not as bad as yesterday evening.

I am trying to keep a lid on my anxiety as anyone close to me ill and I want them better NOW and I want to know what exactly is wrong with them:wacko:.

I just hope that this is a variation of the bug that gave me the bad throat/cold last weekend and not another one as I don't need this as well.

Someone posted on here that there is a bug that gives bad throat/cold and or upset tummy????