PDA

View Full Version : Meditation!

Guildfordian
04-05-12, 07:38
In my last episode, I was sent for some cognative therapy and the therapist recommended a meditation CD. I thought "cobblers!" Got home and my way insisted I got into bed and put the CD on.

Appatently she came back 10 mins later with a cup of teass and I was fast asleep, although I cannot remember when I fell asleep.

Been listening to this in the ipod everytime I get an attack...it has done bloomin marvels!!

Heartily recommend:yesyes::yesyes:

saro
04-05-12, 11:50
I love using meditation to help me relax.. it really helps me too.. glad to hear its working out for you :D :D

joy
04-05-12, 11:53
Whats the name of the CD

Joy

Ingenious
04-05-12, 12:27
That's great to hear :)

I used to fall asleep all the time to start with, which is why I went off meditation for a while. But then I found a good home course called Mindful Meditation (see my previous posts for links to this on Amazon, it costs about £8). This has tracks which are mostly all under 10 mins long, so it's easier to stay awake.

You can also get meditation stools which are good for helping you keep awake.

Meditation has changed my life though I have done mostly Mindful Meditation (as opposed to simple unguided meditiation). The goal of this is not to relax you, although that is a side effect, but to teach you how your thoughts work and how they go wrong. It's also a good course in the sense that the worse you are at it (I can't stay focused on breathing for long before my mind wanders) the more you learn, because seeing how your mind works gives you good tools to help stop anxiety and depression in their tracks.

Daily meditation can work wonders and I wish more people would try it :)

PanchoGoz
04-05-12, 18:27
If you are meditating properly rather than doing a relaxation exercise, do not lie down, let alone go to bed! Sit in a supportive position, like on a firm comfortable chair or the floor. Have some back support. But don't lie down, or you make your body think it's sleepy time! Let us know how you get on after doing it a few more times :)