PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

angel85
04-05-12, 09:27
Hello People,
I have a feeling I might have posted before but I can't remember so here goes.

I have suffered anxiety disorder for over 30 years now, I have had all sorts of treatment over the years from GP turned up noses to Hypnotherapy, anti-depressants, accupuncture, psychotherapy, CBT, you name it i've had it. I think getting older has helped but I still suffer terrible when i'm due to go on holiday, and social occasions. :shrug:
I am thinking about taking a hypnotherapy course, I have received so little NHS help over 30 years that I thought if I do this I could maybe help myself and others too. I have to do something, i'm 51 and want to start enjoying my life for a change......
Hoping to find some likeminded people here with maybe some help and encouragement along the way. :yesyes:

diane07
04-05-12, 09:28
Hi angel85

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

dottielottie
04-05-12, 09:52
Hi Angel,

Feeling the same at the moment, good luck and keep us posted:bighug1:

Princess Tiffany
04-05-12, 17:39
Hi Angel. Hypnotherapy worked for me a few years ago, however when i started getting panicky again i went back and it didnt seem to work. Things affect our minds different as we get older. So what may not have worked for you years ago, may be the exact thing that will help you now. So dont rule things out because you have tried the once before. Do you know of a good hypnotherapist? Perhaps try a different on to the one you saw previously and always look online for reviews and feedback from previous clients.

Let us know how you get on. :yesyes: