PDA

View Full Version : I think this is just me being silly and it's my HA

Hypo
04-05-12, 13:18
But I needed to talk to my people who understand me :)

A few weeks ago I thought I had mouth cancer as I had a white patch in my mouth, very small, got lots of them. The doctor told me it looks nothing like mouth cancer in the slightest. I was put at ease for a while and while I have had moments of passing worry I have been able to laugh it off knowing it isn't mouth cancer.

Anyway, today I took a look at my mouth and on that area that I was concerned about I saw a spot. It's red with a bit of white in the middle like a white head. I keep telling myself it's just an ulcer or spot, it's not painful but if I touch it I can feel a slight sting, but nothing like those painful ulcers. It looks nothing like a mouth cancer lesion but I keep thinking is this the start of it? will it spread?

I have a girls night out planned this evening and I've been excited all week. Now i feel like I don't want to go. It's friday, if it gets worse I can't do anything about it. I think I might get some ulcer treatment and see if it works.

I keep reminding myself that I am 30 and mouth cancer is rare in my age group.

swgrl09
04-05-12, 13:49
it may just be a canker sore or something similar. I would try swishing with salt water a few times a day. I don't think mouth cancer would be sore..

Hypo
04-05-12, 13:56
It's only sore if I touch it though.

Hypo
05-05-12, 21:40
well it's got bigger and it's pretty sore today. Looks kinda like an ulcer should.

Why did it have to pop up in the area I was worried about? lol

I am trying not to freak out and see if it heals in the next week.. if it doesn't I will go back, but for now trying not to freak..