PDA

View Full Version : A Whole lot better XXX

smiles
04-05-12, 15:25
Hello All! Last night I was led in bed remembering how awful life was not so long ago and how the people on this site helped me¸ hopefully this will help some of you?
I really just wanted to let you know that i have HA .And I am happy and relaxed now! After the birth of my daughter almost two years ago i thought i was going crazy, or going to die, In my head i had ME, MS a brain tumour, some never before found on earth disorder, skin, brain, lung, toe and eye cancer to name but a few!!!
After really suffering for six months i went to see my GP who prescribed me sertraline 50mg. the first week or two a felt i felt a little ropey but slowly and surely i felt better and better. I was really against antidepressants but you don’t get brownie points for suffering do you? and its the best thing i ever did!!!
I feel I have my life back, some of the members wrote a lot about trying everything and nothing working and life never getting any better, It scared the hell out of me, even causing some very dark suicidal thoughts GUESS WHAT????? IT does, get better life is good honest!!! its scary getting better and it’s a process, but you will get there. I have worried in the past about stopping medication and it returning but my GP has told me I can stay on them for life if I want! Job Done!!
Stay Strong if I can do it so can you!
With love Sarah X

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

julynn
04-05-12, 16:20
well done hun on getting better this is so positive to hear :) hopefully one day i will be writting a post like this. HA is so new to me ive only had it for just under a year but feels like a life time.
after reading this post i now have hope that one day i will be better and back to being me and not scared.
i have 3 children and i need to get better for them not just me.
i have my first cbt session next month so i hope this will help.
thankyou for writting this :)

Sax
04-05-12, 16:45
:emot-highfive::emot-woot::yesyes::yesyes::emot-partyblower: Awesome! Well done nice to hear success stories and encouraging others x well done x

smiles
04-05-12, 16:58
I think people on this site need to bear in mind that hundreds and thousands of people do get better from H A and all anxiety disorders, They Just don’t come back to say that they have! Life moves on without HA, and you kind of put it behind you! GOOD LUCK ALL and try to remember to come back here when better (you will get better) and say ‘yeah Life is good!’ XXX

:yesyes:

LaceFace
04-05-12, 17:08
It is refreshing to hear of folks on here who have gotten better, gives so much needed encouragement for others who are struggling. I too have gotten better after years of anxiety/panic and am looking at my life in a whole new way!! Congrats to you!! :yesyes: