PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Janinex
04-05-12, 15:34
Hi, have never really posted on a site so am a bit unsure what to say.... Im 35 years old, around 10 years ago after an abusive relationship began suffering from depression was on seroxat for approx 8 years came off that around 2 years ago after suffering for 3/4 months from horrendous withdrawls.
Last August my father in law sadly commited suicide, in the October after this I began suffering terribly from anxiety attacks, panic, health anxiety... I have been on citalopram and then sertraline which both heightened my anxiety so since mid January I havent been on anything at all.
In the last month the anxiety has returned and I am finding it increasingly harder to cope with it as its beginning to get on top of me and im getting a wee bit weepy some days. My dr has now prescribed venlafaxine 37.5mg for me after speaking to the head of the mental health team this is what he recommended due to the problems I've had with other ads, but I am absolutely terrified of taking it incase the anxiety gets worse :((
I have an appointment this coming week with the CPN and my dr is hoping i will be referred for CBT.

diane07
04-05-12, 15:35
Hi Janinex

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pinkcasi
04-05-12, 15:41
:welcome: hello welcome aboard.